Go Memes! 🧐

Yes. Understand what is in a go proverb.

Only if you’re black… it’s fine if white takes or sacrifices all four corners :wink:

2 Likes

A sure win is 4 corners and the center

3 Likes

I heard so too. Is it because of komi or because white is traditionally the stronger player?

1 Like

Yeah, essentially this.

It loosely translates to…

• If black gets all 4 corners, it’s because white (the stronger player) sealed them in to obtain a superior position on the outside
  • If white gets all 4 corners, it’s because black (the weaker player) failed to defend them properly

Either way, it essentially means if one player gets everything they ask for while meeting little resistance, resignation is usually a pretty reasonable option for the player being led around.

Of course like all proverbs they have some basis in truth but are also filled with exceptions :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Go Memes Pedantry?

1 Like

Basic ideas is to be careful to get some corners but not only, and that’s good advice especially toward new players.

1 Like

Would have if I expected it to be more than 1 message.

11 Likes

8 Likes

Oldie but goodie.

27 Likes

This is brilliant :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

But, can you make it click?

Or did you mute the entire tab to block profile page music?

3 Likes

Not just any click… A Wilcox click :rofl:

4 Likes

19 Likes

16 Likes

My mother had a large button collection and often used it to fix our old clothes. (My parents both grew up in the Great Depression. Nothing was thrown away.) I too have a small button collection and have used it a couple times to replace a button.

3 Likes

https://senseis.xmp.net/?ButtonGo

3 Likes

5wag4t

22 Likes

27 Likes