Go Memes! 🧐

It would be much funnier, I think, if the image were Father Time with a long white beard. We expect a kid not to understand go, but if Father Time can’t…

1 Like

What are you waiting for? Do it!

1 Like

When you realize you’ll never understand go!

2 Likes

"Okay! Okay! I’ll give you until you’re 100 to understand go."

5 Likes

7 Likes

Is that available? Link?

White stone?

22 Likes

15kyu

1 Like

Edit: not sure if this is a meme or just amusing and related to Go

I had ChatGPT write a scene from an episode of Seinfeld about Go

Jerry and George are sitting in Monk’s Cafe, discussing the game of Go.]

Jerry: “So, have you ever played Go, George?”

George: “No, what’s that?”

Jerry: “It’s an ancient Chinese board game. It’s like chess, but more complex. I’ve been trying to learn how to play.”

George: “Why would you want to learn that? You’re not even Chinese.”

Jerry: “What does that have to do with anything? It’s a cool game. Plus, it’s supposed to be good for your brain.”

George: “Oh please. If I wanted to exercise my brain, I’d just do a crossword puzzle.”

[Elaine walks in and sits down with them.]

Elaine: “What are you guys talking about?”

Jerry: “Go. It’s this awesome game I’ve been playing.”

Elaine: “Oh yeah, I’ve heard of that. Isn’t that the one where you try to capture territory on the board?”

Jerry: “Exactly. It’s like chess, but more complex.”

George: “Yeah, Jerry’s been trying to convince me to learn how to play. I don’t know, I think it sounds too complicated.”

Elaine: “You know, I actually know a guy who’s really good at Go. He’s from Taiwan, and he’s a master at it.”

Jerry: “Really? Do you think he’d be willing to teach us how to play?”

Elaine: “I don’t know, I could ask him. But be warned, he takes the game very seriously. He might not want to waste his time with amateurs.”

Jerry: “Amateurs? We’re not amateurs. We’re the Kings of Monk’s Cafe.”

[Cut to later in the episode. Jerry, George, Elaine, and the Taiwanese Go master are sitting around a Go board, intensely focused on the game.]

Taiwanese Go master: “You are making a foolish move, Jerry. You are leaving yourself open for an attack.”

Jerry: “Oh yeah? Well, I’m going to capture your stones on the next move.”

Taiwanese Go master: “You are too aggressive. You must learn to be patient and strategic.”

Elaine: “This game is making me hungry. Let’s order some food.”

[The group calls over the waitress and starts discussing their order, completely forgetting about the game.]

Taiwanese Go master: “This is disrespectful. You are not taking the game seriously.”

Jerry: “Oh, lighten up. It’s just a game.”

Taiwanese Go master: “Just a game? Go is more than a game. It is a reflection of life itself.”

[The Taiwanese Go master angrily grabs the board and storms out of the cafe. Jerry, George, and Elaine look at each other, stunned.]

Jerry: “Well, I guess we’re not the Kings of Monk’s Cafe anymore.”

End scene.

3 Likes

Is this a black stone?

1 Like

8 Likes

Somehow I didn’t locate the key stones there.

2 Likes

13 Likes

15 Likes

influence

12 Likes

10 Likes

seki

17 Likes

Great movie :heart: