Go Memes! 🧐

Sentemas? That’s the best he could come up with?

I mean at least pick the obvious Sente Claus, or perhaps sing meijinglebells (alternatively jigobells), or… wish everyone a feliz nadare. :disappointed:

11 Likes

It was actually the inspiration. Well done. :joy:

1 Like

5 Likes

Mindblowing AI
(Source: Nick Sibicky on Youtube)

7 Likes

18 Likes

— But they are false eyes.
— It’s just a flesh wound!

9 Likes

3 Likes

12 Likes

2qju4o

10 Likes

18 Likes

2s40ih

16 Likes

2s4nh1

And another on the same topic

13 Likes

DHaFD2g

46 Likes

19 Likes

14 Likes

4 Likes

[no words needed]

4 Likes

I’m just a measly kyu player. And while I’m computer-savvy—calling myself a power user, having created print media since 1981—I understand little of all this AI stuff. Now they’re talking about “weights” for Leela, etc., and one of the files seems to “weigh” 27 MB, but that’s not what “weight” is about, that much I know. It’s also not about the weight of the ones and zeroes on our devices. Oh well, maybe it actually is, in a metaphorical way. Anyway, this just came up in my mind when I read a LZ thread in that FB group.

7 Likes

AI are trained using evaluations. For example you could train AlphaGo to be more aggressive and give it more rewards for attacking than for defensive play. Taking stones would then be “weighted” more than saving stones.

The results of tweaking these kinds of settings (aka weights) are the filters that this style of AI uses to decide on its next move. Changing the weights will result in a different set of evaluations, and thus different moves in specific situations.

I hope that clears up your questions?

5 Likes

Thx, @liminal, yeah, that’s helpful indeed :slight_smile:

<click> for Background

I had actually just copied over the text from my identical post in that FB Go group … a few people answered there also, also w/ a few nice YouTube links. Now I only need time to watch them.

1 Like