• New hane wall

• Extension and keima

• Extension and jump

• Keima push-in, atari-and-extend large corner

• Keima push-in, thick wall var

• Keima push-in, inside cut, stubborn var

• Keima push-in, inside cut, dango var

• Flying Knife

So that’s only thirteen “lines”, and #2, #3, and #4 are arguably not even joseki. Nine lines is good going for a DDK.

6 Likes

This is genius. Well done clapping

2 Likes

I’ve never seen this GIF… it’s good for me.

1 Like

https://online-go.com/game/22222222 is a broken ID ;_____;

Oh well, we’d better wait for https://online-go.com/game/23456789

3 Likes

Oh, you know what I realised? For the very first time, we can now represent every past date in the form of a game ID. Today is 9th March 2020 = 2020-03-09 = https://online-go.com/game/20200309

12 Likes

That’s cool!

1 Like

ooh, does that mean we could start doing a “forum reviews the game of the day” kind of thing?

3 Likes

We could have done that regardless and just picked games however we wanted. Picking games based on the ID is kind of arbitrary and might not be so great. Likely to get lots of bot games, abandoned games, random board sizes, random quality, etc.

I guess there will likely only be one game that starts on the date corresponding to its ID. I wonder which it will be.

Lol, this post is currently number 1111

2 Likes

It was rather quick to find: the 20200309 game was played on November 2, and the 20191102 game was played on November 1.

2 Likes

Are we doing American dates?

1 Like

Dat move 50, tho.

No, ISO of course :slight_smile: YYYYMMDD is pure and shall not be corrupted :heart:

9 Likes

YYYY-MM-DD (Chinese) > DD/MM/YYYY (UK) > MM/DD/YYYY (USA)

@BHydden is old enough to remember Y2K, I think. You buy a bunker? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

This date format is the ISO standard, not just a Chinese practice.

However, in keeping with the theme of this thread, let me put this chit chat in meme format

3rwv0w

It’s also convenient for making lexicographic sorting of such strings equivalent to sorting by the date.

Also, thank you for this discussion. It’s exactly the type of stuff that a pedant like me can’t get enough of.

9 Likes

Old enough and computer savvy enough to know the world wasn’t ending (I was only 9… says a lot for the rest of the world)

2 Likes

Excusez-moi ? You are how old?

I thought you were at least my age.

5 Likes

I’ve said before, when I first joined I thought BHy was an old man. :laughing:

I had changed my opinion to thinking he was basically the same age as me. Now it appears he’s even younger than I am, if only by a few years.

4 Likes

I guess I can still call him an old man, since he’s entering his 30s :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’m still a bit confused by how you all assign age to a bunch of words on a screen :wink:

1 Like