Go Memes! 🧐

4 Likes

7 Likes

Then you hit the problem that not everyone calls it either of those.

22 Likes

My very first go meme was about this as well

3 Likes

22 Likes

Dang!, foiled again by @yebellz

tofshame

20 Likes

Definitive Go Tier List

Credit to u/Wil-Yeeton

19 Likes

How dare you! Tengen is S Tier for sure!!! :rage:

12 Likes

I must be missing something, because I’m r/whoooshing this real hard

3 Likes

Ah, good old Septa Unella!

A tier list is a list of playable characters or other elements of a video game. It subjectively ranks their viability in high-level competitive settings. This meme applies the tier-list concept to Go intersections, subjectively ranking their viability in high-level competitive settings. That the intersections are unlabeled compounds the humor.

5 Likes

I think it is a little unclear.

Initially I thought maybe it was a tier list of opening moves on 19x19. S-tier four star points but then A tier being the rest of the star points? B tier being maybe the 3-3 points, the other four third line points below star points, and maybe the 8 3-4 points. Then C tier being 3-5 and 4-5 points (16 of those). Then it gets too vague and it’s obviously not 19x19 by the number of points.

Since there’s 81 points in the picture it’s probably 9x9. Then the S tier could be 3-3 points. A tier could be tengen but it’s still not clear the other marked points that look like star points.

Maybe one guess could be the following, although I wouldn’t necessarily agree with it

That is the picture like the meme has 4 S-tier, 5 A -tier, 16 B and C tiers, 8 D tiers, 28 E tiers and 4 F tiers.

2 Likes

Just kidding. I didn’t make it. Mine would differ.

3 Likes

This was the part that had me lost :stuck_out_tongue: I’m familiar with tier lists, but apart from the corners and edges I couldn’t tell the others apart

1 Like

Well it’s hard to agree and or disagree with the tier list when I’m not sure what it’s saying :slight_smile:

I just made one guess, that I don’t necessarily agree with, but which makes sense with respect to the board symmetries and the counting of points in the original tier list :slight_smile:

Maybe this one makes more sense where the A’s are tengen and the four 4-4 points (which aren’t star points on this board)

Actually @mark5000 while it’s handy being able to hold a letter key to type that label on the board, is there any way to change the color of the label individually (I know with custom board you can change the colour of the lines/labels altogether)?

Inspired by a previous Tarantino post, here is mine:

Inglourious Bugsterds

OGS Bugs be like…

meme3

meme8

meme4

meme2

27 Likes

Even better that you can kinda tell which points they actually are :slight_smile:

Then it’s ruined by being completely wrong. 2-1 points are B-tier at least!

2 Likes

16 Likes

meme9

13 Likes