Go Zendo

“Fewer than two” means “less than 2” means “< 2” means “1 or less”

1 Like

sorry i need some time to come up with counterexamples, because the statement twists my brain circuits.

2 Likes

Ok @yebellz your rule is unfortunately not right, and I added (hopefully correct) counterexamples. Now for @RubyMineshaft’s Koan …

2 Likes

I’m not sure how difficult this is, so if you feel like it’s too difficult, you can ask for a hint.

Maybe if we’ve been stuck for 24 hours we’ll ask for a hint, but I think being stuck for a bit is a good thing, since it forces us to really think about what we can deduce for sure from the boards we have so far.

untitled (14)

4 Likes

I just realized I made a mistake … I’m terribly sorry. this Koan is actually red:

untitled7

I will change it in the original post and try to come up with a better counterexample to @yebellz suggested rule. I apologize :pensive:

4 Likes

No worries, mistakes are bound to happen.

3 Likes

Ok it is fixed now. This is the new counterexample:
canvas9

1 Like

Very interesting, how about this then?

2 Likes

It seemed like there was some colour asymmetry so maybe natural to ask about

As in because of these ones

1 Like

Very nice! Just those two alone doesn’t guarantee colour assymetry, but turns out your hunch was correct!

2 Likes

There was also this one too. These and some of the other ones make me think it’s not about liberties. i can’t find a liberty pattern yet anyway.

But actually maybe it’s not as simple as just flipping colours because of this one… hmm

I may as well also ask about this one too :slight_smile:

1 Like

This was green when the colors were opposite, let’s see if this changes things:

Edit: Huh, still green.

1 Like

Here’s the koans rescaled, for easier comparison:

canvascanvas2canvas3canvas4canvas5canvas6canvas8canvas9canvas10canvas11canvas12untitled (10)untitled (14)untitled (16)untitled (18)untitled (19)untitled (20)untitled (21)untitled (22)untitled (25)untitled (26)untitled (27)untitled (28)untitled (29)untitled (32)untitled (35)untitled (2)untitled (5)untitled (6)untitled (7)untitled (10)untitled (11)untitled (13)untitled (14)untitled (15)untitled (18)untitled (20)untitled (1)untitled (2)untitled (3)untitled (4)untitled (5)untitled (6)untitled (7)

untitleduntitled2untitled3untitled4untitled5untitled6untitled7untitled8untitled9untitled (1)untitled (2)untitleduntitled (3)untitled (4)untitled (5)untitled (6)untitled (7)untitled (8)untitled (11)untitled (12)untitled (24)untitled (33)untitled (34)untitled (3)untitled (4)untitled (8)untitled (9)untitled (12)untitled (16)untitled (17)untitled (19)untitled (22)untitled

7 Likes

Thanks! Maybe I should make them smaller by default (but I’m not sure how to do this in a way such that it’s still easy to input the position, and you can still copy the image by right-clicking).

I have a question. I started this game because I like this. I should actually do some work now, but I keep getting distracted by the go forum ^^

I’ll have to be more strict with myself, which in turn might mean that I won’t be able to respond quickly to the submitted Koans. If this is a problem, maybe someone could take over for me.

1 Like

It’s quite easy: pictures will say something like

![name|100x100](upload://url)

and you could rescale them either by changing 100x100 to another number, or by writing a percentage afterwards:

![name|100x100, 50%](upload://url)

I could take over, I have just entered this game and not given it too much thought yet. That way the players who put effort into it can keep playing.

2 Likes

I think it’s completely fine if you just take a break and come back tomorrow or something, we have lots of koans to theorize about. But if Vsotvep wants to take over that’s of course good too :blush:

1 Like

Thank you, I would appreciate that! I’ll send you the rule in a private message. Feel free to give hints if you see fit.