Horrible ddk Looking For a Dedicated US Teacher( Solution found)

One of the biggest hurdles in learning Go, is realizing that learning Go is a never ending process of slow and hard won progress.

t It’s Core, What Is Go?
Something that is really important to realize about Go is that, no matter which board size you play on, it is an exercise in pattern recognition. Go is not about winning or beating opponents. The game, in my view, is a solitary pursuit. For we only ever truly face ourselves. Each game is essentially a unique puzzle, being generated based on our decisions and our opponent’s choice of moves. Your opponent represents chaos, the unknown, or randomization; not a foe or force to be overcome.

Rather, Go is an exercise in memorization of shapes and how to employ and counter them effectively. Especially considering how the methodology of countering the same shape changes based on the surrounding board configuration. The myriad of possibilities in any given game with familiar shapes and patterns is breathtakingly complex. To this end, you should realize that the only true way to get better is to build your brain’s database of shapes, patterns, and how to properly employ and counter them.

This can only be achieved through raw experience. Maintaining mental focus while studying specific topics of interest, searching for weaknesses in your understanding through self analysis and third party analysis of your games, and deliberate practice will accelerate your speed of progress. It is also likely to teach you lessons or reveal aspects of Go game play that you would otherwise never stumble upon yourself.

I have written several topics for beginners who are new to Go. There are also some study games I have run with people who are just starting out, where we discuss the logic and thinking behind each move. I only play on the 9x9, but if you are interested, you can find all of this information here: Helpful Information For Newcomers To Go.

You will also find a link to the Tsumego puzzles I recommend you start with and a couple of free Go books, if reading strikes your interest. Also of interest is Sensei’s LIbrary, which is a treasure trove of Go related information. Above all else, do not get discouraged. I’ve written about that too, also linked in the same article above :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes