How did the famous people in OGS become famous?

Especially rare since no new names can have it :wink:

2 Likes

Please, letā€™s remember what is right to encourage and how far some people might go in trying to achieve that goal.

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen anyone in this thread encouraging self harm. :slightly_smiling_face:

It depends on the point of view :slight_smile: I donā€™t think that having 1000 games at any given time is something healthy, for example.
(And I am probably the person who has stayed above 1000 for the longest time :grimacing:)

Maybe I am exaggerating, but I felt I had to say it.

1 Like

So youā€™re concerned people who might aspire to be more like you are in danger of killing themselves? Seems a bit extreme to me, but better safe than sorry I suppose

1 Like

Not exactly, I just wanted to make the point that some people might do things that are harmful to themselves (ranging from not having real friends or ignoring school/work to doing life threatening things) and it is right to think about it before giving advice.
Iā€™ve already said that Iā€™m not a good example, but maybe someone might think that with 100.000 games they are even more likely to become famous. And I canā€™t imagine a human being managing that many.

3 Likes
1 Like

I meant 100.000 correspondence games at the same time, Iā€™m sorry I was not clear.

Fun fact: I wanted to say 10.000 but in my opinion 10.000 can be done :rofl:
(Please donā€™t take it as a challenge)

2 Likes

Sheā€™s famous now!

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure itā€™s a good idea to make jokes about the death of child.

9 Likes
2 Likes

Certainly not in a place where those who knew and loved her were likely to see it, but I think weā€™re sufficiently distant from it.

Of course itā€™s a tragedy and perhaps even more tragic is this (from the linked article):

The suicidal game also took the life of a nine-year-old boy who heard about Antonella and decided to try it himself.

That sounds more like suicide than misadventure ā€¦

You donā€™t know if some readers of this forum have lost a child or have been in a similar situation.

8 Likes