How do I find a private message?

Hei. Can you help? A player sent me a direct message. How do I find it again?

Kind regards. Øyvind.

1 Like

You need to find the player who sent it, click their name and then click “message” in the list of buttons that pops up.
Depending how long it’s been it should be in the message box that appears. If it’s been too long then these kind of messages just disappear.

2 Likes

Friend requests and challenges appear on the Home page.

1 Like

If you cancelled the message (no more
notification in the home page) and if you don’t know who sent it then sadly there is no way to recover it.

3 Likes

Another example for intuitive OGS topic.

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your help ! :slightly_smiling_face: Hopefully a simple solution will one day be implemented. :+1:

4 Likes

Your messages get deleted after a week. In theory you find all your recent messages using either of these URLs:

online-go.com/api/v1/memail
online-go.com/api/v1/me/mail

unfortunately these keep giving me server error messages whenever I try them and I don’t know why since they are legitimate requests.

This inability to find messages that someone has sent is an ongoing issue with OGS that keeps popping up. I outlined a solution to it in a thread that Groin linked to but it didn’t since seem to garner much support even though it is probably quite simple to implement ( apart from the translations).

4 Likes