How to get started 19*19 game

Yeah - necessary but not sufficient though.

As well as “play with humans” you need to find a way to quickly learn:

Beginners are often advised not to bother learning joseki, and broadly this is good advice, but those 4 that I listed above are trivial to learn and the situation happens so often that why not make it easier for yourself is what I think about those.

2 Likes

How about teaching games with humans?

Maybe first start playing 13x13 games?

My feeling is that with a human teacher and corners-sides-centre a person learns better on 19x19 than 13x13. Somehow 13x13 seems like the worst of both worlds, though that’s just my opinion.

This! Just ask, here in the forums, it will be astonishing if you don’t get one…

1 Like

In real life I’d say put a little bit away your nose from the board. Online, sit more far away from the screen?

Your lack of experience doesn’t matter when you share it with your opponent, exploring brings the fun, put your ideas/intuition to test!

Note: the board behave like a magnet, so try to keep your distance during the whole game.

1 Like

i suck on a 9x9 i just dont like it but i recomend stating out on that and move up to a 13x13 board then try the 19x19 i started out with the 19x19 board had no other board to play on and i had onl y the booklet to help me the stuff i learned i viewed on youtube and looked on line the library may have some books that may help youi do fairly good on the 19x19 board depending on who im playing with the people that play on here or way better then the ones i play in real life so if you plan on playing on here you will lose a lot of games brfore you start winning

This doesn’t really god away. Even at low dan you just kind barely know what to do “in most situations”:

And from what I’ve seen in professional games, the review often says “I wasn’t expecting that”. I hear that a lot in pair go when they go in the back and say “ok well they only played one of the moves we expected…”

2 Likes

i had to learn on the 19x19 board i had or have no other board to play on

I’m a 3-4k here and I can’t say the content of those videos is too easy for me.

1 Like