Idea for countering Sandbagging

For me it comes down to not wanting to be a “tattletale”. But if a crowd-sourcing mechanism, such as I suggested in the first post of this thread, allowed me to get better matches for the games I create, I would use it.

TBH I think that if you would go as far as creating a new function. Then you would probably be willing to go as far as being a tattle tale.

Think whatever you like; though you are incorrect. I see no reason for you to “fling mud”. Where I grew up, being a tattletale was frowned upon… I will point out that tattletale is one word, not two, so you erred there as well. No one is perfect.

Sorry, you’ll have to clarify/simplify. I hope that you’ll understand that I’m not willing to read them for the purposes of understanding whatever point it is that you wish to make in connection with this thread.

1 Like

Admin: All relevant ideas seem to have been expressed by and to those with an ability to do something about it. As the originator of this thread, I ask that you please close it.

1 Like

Uh what… nobody said anyone is perfect. I think most places being a tattletale is frowned upon. But, if you are willing to ask people to create a whole new feature regardless of how easy it is then you would think you wouldn’t mind being a tattletale. There I even made it one word to make you feel better since that somehow hurt you.

In any case good luck with your cause :slight_smile:

1 Like

I took time out of my day to make a suggestion. And yes, I have enough programming experience (MS) to know that my suggestion has a relatively simple implementation. If it was my system, I would implement it as described, “Scarlett Letter” or not. :grinning:
And no, you didn’t “hurt me”, I was just illustrating for you that you are error prone. Like I said, no one’s perfect.

I think it is you that is ‘greatly underestimating trolls!’ If the feature you describe were implemented you can be sure trolls would use multiple alts to abuse the feature to disrupt OGS.

[Edit] I don’t want to see OGS turned into a reality T.V. series where people get ‘voted’ off the island!

8 Likes

Might make for a fun forum game though :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I can picture one of the immunity challenges now. You have to protect your “house” from the rising waters by…you guessed it, sandbagging! :rofl:

4 Likes

Wow surprise twist, did you know every single moderator is apparently a sand bagger? What are the odds :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

if you spent those forum time on actually playing, you would be stronger now. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Given the tendency of sandbagging threads to snowball out of control I am inclined to acquiesce to this request. I dare say anyone wishing to discuss sandbagging will have no trouble finding an alternative thread, alas.

5 Likes