Introduce a betting feature?

This site wants to be family friendly and gambling isn’t considered as family friendly in a lot of countries. Are those countries wrong?

7 Likes

Regarding Korea, I think folks do like betting on Go. At least Tygem does have that feature. Also I’m assuming the movie The Divine Move is a completely factually accurate portrayal of baduk in korea. :joy:

2 Likes

One of my favorite “themes” of ogs is minimalism. I don’t want more buttons, boxes, menus, etc. Keep it simple!

So should gambling be implemented in some way?

Does gambling need to have something to exchange? No, not at all. On a certain channel on Twitch, sometimes there is season long session of Pokémon Battle Revolution played by computer opponents. Viewers bet virtual points on what team would win the upcoming match. The thing is, the points are only for leaderboard standings. You basically play to show off your luck by knowledge. Every season resets the points back to the start.

Does gambling encourage collusion?
It can. Given that games are being played by people, the possibility exists.

Would gambling off-ogs on games from ogs be okay? You can bet on anything, even on how tall grass would be or how much rain happens next month.

So if you want gambling, figure out something outside ogs. It should likely not be on here, even if the points are worth nothing more than bragging rights.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.