Issuing challenges through the API

@tomjack:

I was able to get it mostly working! The only thing I have to do right now is manually copy the authentication key from messages in the Chrome Network Panel. I don’t know how to get the auth key for the real-time api directly. It does not seem to be the same access token I’m getting from using the REST api.

For example I do the following to get my access_token via REST:

d = {
         'client_id': client_id,
         'client_secret': client_secret,
         'grant_type': 'password',
         'username': username,
         'password': password,
         }

r = s.post('https://online-go.com/oauth2/access_token',
               headers = {
                          'Content-Type': 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded',
                          },
               data = d,    
               allow_redirects = False,
               );

print(r.request.method, r.request.url, r.request.body)

oauth2_json = r.json()
    access_token = oauth2_json['access_token']
    refresh_token = oauth2_json['refresh_token']

But then when I try to do use the real-time api to do submit moves, it doesn’t go through: Note: I’m using the python socketio-client library.

with SocketIO('https://ggs.online-go.com/socket.io') as socketIO:
        print("socket is connected: "+str(socket.connected))
        socketIO.emit("game/connect", 
                    {'game_id': gameid, 'player_id': playerid, 'chat': 1, 'game_type': "game", 'auth':access_token},
                     on_response)
        socketIO.wait_for_callbacks(seconds=3)

# try submitting a move
        socketIO.emit("game/move",{"auth":access_token,"game_id":gameid,"player_id":playerid,"move":"cb"},
                      on_response)
        socketIO.wait_for_callbacks(seconds=3)

That same code works whenever I copy and paste the auth code string Chrome’s network panel shows me for sending moves. I was able to send a move and play the game (which was so awesome to get it working). Do you know how to get the auth key for the real-time connection? My only clue so far is that it might have to do with using a GET request for switch protocols (it says this under headers instead of frames in the network panel). But OGS’s rest api doesn’t show this anywhere in their online documentation.