KataGo 7 komi self-play games

Ah right i forgot you give white 7 komi. I was under assumption it was 4.5 :sweat_smile:

Are there any games youd like reviewed? Ive settles into my new job. And can consistently do game reviews if youd like.

1 Like

Thank you for the offer, I would absolutely love for you to review more games! :slight_smile: Currently I don’t have any funds in my PayPal account, but I will hit you up as soon as I can pay you.

In game 79 (7 komi, NZ rules), black gets an enormous bottom right corner and side whereas white gets an enormous top and center area enclosing black’s top left corner. (The .sgf includes two high-playout variations which appear to be the main line.)

2 Likes

In game 80 (7 komi, NZ rules), black starts a huge fight in the bottom right.

2 Likes

Game 81 (7 komi, NZ rules) sees black growing the bottom side.

Game 82 (7 komi, NZ rules) ended up as a draw with only four live groups on the board (one white, three black).

1 Like

Game 83 (7 komi, NZ rules) turned into a complicated center fight.

According to Waltheri, the first five moves of game 84 (7 komi, NZ rules) appear in 849 pro games. Move 6 does not appear in any pro games.

1 Like

Game 85 (7 komi, NZ rules) is only our second game to feature a seki :slight_smile: Black wins by four points, bringing our current tally to 22 black wins, 30 draws and 33 white wins. This game featured our most dramatic winrate change so far. After move 201, white’s winrate was 87 %. After move 245, black’s winrate was 86 %.

2 Likes

Wow, this experiment is turning out pretty successful! White seems to still have a slight advantage with 7 komi but those results are very even.

3 Likes

In game 86 (NZ rules, 7 komi), a simple 3-3 invasion in the lower left corner sprawls into a large center fight. At move 178, white plays a stone with four liberties which black captures in a ponnuki at move 201. The game ends in a draw.

1 Like

In game 87 (NZ rules, 7 komi), white pretends to play the world’s coolest net at move 82, followed by a black power triangle at move 83.

2 Likes

Btw I didn’t know this was customary for sunjang baduk. I may play a new game with black tengen and white 5 komi :slight_smile:

In game 88 (7 komi, NZ rules), black casually sacrifices an 8-stone group by move 40. White ends up winning the game by around 10 points.

Game 89 (7 komi, NZ rules) is our first game with four 3-3 invasions. Interestingly, moves 9 - 16 are identical with game 49, although move 9 was reached by a different move order. Game 89 ended as a draw, with black and white each having five living groups on the board. We almost got our first ever flying dagger joseki. (Technically, it’s only called “flying dagger” if black move 39 is N6. The result in this game seems to be called “simple inside cut B”.) And we got a crane’s nest! Check out the cool symmetry at move 82.

2 Likes

White wins game 90 (NZ rules, 7 komi) by about 16 points.

1 Like

Game 91 (7 komi, NZ rules) is the tenth and last game continuing from white 24. H5 (after games 68, 70, 71, 72, 75, 76, 79, 80 and 90). The first crosscut doesn’t occur until move 86.

In game 92 (NZ rules, 7 komi), black and white each manage to live with their upper left dragons. It ends as a draw.

In game 93 (NZ rules, 7 komi), around move 134 white starts to make a small life inside black’s center moyo, but black profits enough elsewhere to draw the game. White 252 and 266 are such pretty-looking endgame moves :slight_smile:

266 is a bit less obvious as 252 but ok.
What about exchanging 240-241 and then not connecting?

1 Like