Language Learners' Library

LOL, I’m lurking, how did you know???

I’m not actively learning any languages now, I’m behind in all my lessons and materials. So, I can’t really participate.

However, since I was so kindly invited, I’ll share what I’m doing to try to keep at least some familiarity with languages:

• I’ve subscribed to daily words in French, German and Korean by Transparent Language (I don’t use any other material by them).
  • I’ve subscribed to daily korean sentence by LearnwithOliver (the site seems like it has lots to offer to a more serious learner than me).
  • I watch the odd TTMIK YT video, I find the teachers likeable. Their site also has lots of good content (some free, some paid), but they also have some pretty old videos/ audio, I don’t know if they updated those during their recent site revamp.
  • I watch the odd Charlie Danger YT video, but a. She doesn’t post much and b. I maybe understand a word per sentence.
  • I watch kdramas regularly and try to at least recognize the words I’ve learned. But I won’t watch just for learning purposes.
  • I watch the odd Parisiang YT video, he’s fun and it feels a bit like a meta experience. :yum:
  • I listen to kpop almost daily at work, it’s at a low volume so I don’t really listen to the lyrics, but it keeps the language “fresh” to my ears.

I haven’t found any good German or French series to watch and that’s my preferred way of retaining a language (Deutschland 83 was great, haven’t come around to watching second season yet, though).

For the record, I support all your efforts and will pop up to cheer for you from time to time. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes