League-Format Kuksu Title Tournament (Rules and Discussion)

Please check your notifications, you should probably have gotten an invite to your respective group

For those who have not signed up before, you still have a chance to enter the tournament through the Late Sign-Up Page :smile:

thanks, finally received it!

@gamesorry @leira I wonā€™t call it the first OGS league :wink:

Sincerely, xhu98
Admin, The Nova League of OGS

Ah yes, if we decided to use such terms, an accurate statement would be:

In terms of time:

Old Kuksu: The first OGS League; The first old OGS League; The first OGS Correspondence League;

Nova League: The second OGS League; The first new OGS League; The first OGS Live League; The first one to use the name of the first OGS League;

New Kuksu: The third OGS League; The second new OGS League; The second OGS Correspondence League;

(Old + New) Kuksu: The first OGS League; The first OGS Correspondence League.

In terms of strength:

Nova: The first OGS Live League

Kuksu: The first OGS Correspondence League

I think the new Kuksu should not use the name of the first OGS League without the context of the old Kuksu, and even with that context, since the Nova League has used the name first, Kuksu should not use that name to cause confusion as well. :smile:

1 Like

@gamesorry You just wrote the best post Iā€™ve seen on the forum so far. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi @xhu98,
Iā€™m sorry you caught on that, or rather, Iā€™m sorry for posting it, since I may have said it out of some animosity.

I do think your league is great, and Iā€™d be more than happy to lend you my code if that helps you set it up somehow. :smiley:

Please keep the great job here, on the best server Iā€™ve ever set foot in.
Sincerely,
Juan

Edit: @gamesorry, you forgot the Sunjang hehe , which exists since the olden days, though I admit it hasnā€™t been as established as those two. Thereby Iā€™d like to claim for it the position of the second and a halfth League.

3 Likes

Thank you for the compliment :laughing: But even in the ā€˜bestā€™ post I made a mistake by not taking into account the Sunjang Baduk League:

@Leira Now I believe Sunjang is the third (or even the second if we count the old one) OGS League and New Kuksu is the fourth (or even the fifth) one :wink: And Sunjang Baduk League is definitely the first OGS League for the Sunjang Baduk variation :smile:

Edit: Somehow I feel proud that Iā€™ve participated in all of them. :wink:

If only my reasoning in endgame was that clear, I would have picked out the largest moves alreadyā€¦