Live rengo testing

Every bug we found was reported in Rengo status - #31 by _Sofiam and the next message. Is “Rengo status” the adequate thread to report bugs?

Edit: according to the message Some bugs report - #16 by GreenAsJade bugs can be reported in the “Rengo status” thread.

5 Likes

One could also consider some 9x9 rengo games just to get some quick tests in that are shorter than full 19x19 ones :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have opened a live 9x9 rengo now, just in case :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would like to do some more “testing rengo games”.
Is it (already) possible to place them on the tournaments page?
Or announce them via the forum?
Or even make an AST rengo tournament?

1 Like

My guess is rengo has nothing to do with tournaments yet.
To test more, find players interested (via rengo chat or other chats or forum) and then go create a rengo game on the beta site or join one.

I am myself interested too in a live one but 6-7hrs later i don’t have enough free time now…

All OGS tournaments are ranked.
No rengo games are ranked.

If you can resolve that paradox, we may get rengo tournaments :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

At the moment I seem to be able to checked the ranked box when creating a rengo game and it disappears when I uncheck the ranked filter at the bottom of the play page.

Whether that means anything I don’t know, I can’t imagine whether it will try and do some weird rating calculation at the end or not even let the game start :slight_smile:

That is

I think I possibly missed @_Sofiam ‘s open challenge on beta, I probably went offline at that point.

1 Like

that’s probably just a bug GaJ hasn’t written out yet… I don’t believe he has any intention of releasing the first iteration with its own ranking (this might come later?), or allowing it to count towards overall ranking

1 Like

I imagine so, possibly worth mentioning anyway :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yeah 100%

1 Like

Hmm - it’s a bug in the create challenge modal that is letting the ranked box stay ticked, and then it shows up as ranked for filtering.

But it will (should?) end up actually unranked once it is “started” - the server wont (should not) let that “ranked” flag through.

Edit: that said, I couldn’t see where I took care of it, so I’m taking care of it now :open_mouth:

3 Likes

This is false: only 9x9, 13x13 and 19x19 tournaments are ranked.
Other board size ones don’t affect the rank, even though you can see “ranked” in their games infos.

4 Likes

I honestly didn’t even know you could make other sized tournaments :rofl: thanks for the correction

Interesting that they still try to be ranked but the server just doesn’t care :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

There are a bunch unconventional board size tournaments created within this group:

Maybe it requires manual hacking together an API call.

1 Like

Well, let’s hope that this paradox can be para-doctored.

I would like to test live rengo again 2022-01-06T20:00:00Z. I’ll create a game on the beta site (Edit: the main site) and will start the game if there are between 3 and 6 people. We’ll do a few quick 9x9 tests and if we can’t find any bugs, we’ll play 19x19. Teams will be assigned randomly. Everyone is welcome to join. If there is anything to discus before the game, please use the https://online-go.com/chat/global-rengo.

7 Likes

Thanks!

Apparenty rengo is available on the main site now and many people have already tested it… So I’ll open a rengo challenge on the main site instead at 2022-01-06T20:00:00Z

8 Likes

Does anyone want to join? I created live challenge. Only Samraku joined so far.

2 Likes

Sorry I needed to charge my phone… :frowning: I’ll come over now

1 Like