Looking for full-size, but portable go boards

New content

7 Likes

Damn I missed the “it” word at first readthrough :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

How cheap is 3d printing these days?? I would have thought this is way overkill given that a go board is just a flat square with some lines. Don’t get me wrong, it looks great :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Cost of 3D printing is pretty much material cost now, not that pricy to be honest.

Only issue is the material itself won’t feel as good as wood (and could be too slippery)

6 Likes

It’s a coincidence “In Sente” showing her 4-pieces board few days after me talking about a similar thing. I just wanted to share that.

I don’t know how cheap it could be, I don’t know anything about 3d printing, but I know the issues of making things yourself: find materials, work them, finish, be precise enough not to make an ugly piece… downloading a file, giving to a printer and having a reliable result is so easier.

One could do the same with wood and a CNC machine. It would be more expensive probably but the result would be way better.

Also using some plywood and a sharpie should work, but we come back to the “be precise, be careful, do a good job” thing. Which is incredibly funny and rewarding for hobbyists, but not everybody is a hobbyist.

5 Likes

My friend sent me a couple pictures of his 4-pieces wooden board.
Not the best glamour shots, I fear. :grin:

Here you can see side magnets to hold it together

The manufacturer should be 6 brothers.
I went to their website but couldn’t find a similar board.

6 Likes

Just linking this up, sorry if already mentioned as an option. Slightly smaller than full size but might be an option?

3 Likes