Make OGS usable in school

Most deities that feed on child souls manifest themselves through internet chat. Therefore, it’s a good idea to disable such a feature for kids.

6 Likes

When we’re talking about students, parents, and school boards, it’s much easier to sell “this game has many educational benefits” if it isn’t bundled with “these minors can talk to / be talked to by any random stranger on the internet”

If chat is disabled for student accounts, it’s one less barrier to program acceptance.

7 Likes

Ok. I see. The point was to make it impossible for unpleasant people to talk to the kids rather than to make it impossible for the kids to ask questions from their teacher (or other knowledgeable kibitzers) via char. So the general internet concerns. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

In a student teacher scenario, I think it’s a safe assumption that kids would have another path of communication with their teacher.

3 Likes

In addition to preventing random strangers from communicating with students, the rules also require that all communication that does take place be logged and available for review. It’s easier to get sites approved for use in my district if the communication features are missing/turned off.

2 Likes