New Correspondence Timeout Rule?

To anyone still wishing to debate / better familiarize yourself with the issue, please read at least comment #136 in the Escaping by Timout thread, where I tried to summarize the majority of comments.

As not to be rude to a direct question, let me also answer to @Meegus, I assume the question was about the idea of displaying player’s monthly timeouts. I am not on a dev team and the decision or implementation is thus not on me. Strictly personally I am not really a fan of cluttering the (already complicated) interface with other non-essential data. I think if anyone wants to quickly check a last month’s worth of games for timeouts it is not that many clicks away.

But I am also quite oldschool in these regards of “public shaming” (notice the quotation marks). I know for example on wbaduk (I think it was) you can literraly rate the player you played with (which is kind of similar in idea). I can see the thought behind it, but personally do not like it.
I believe that a player should either feel completely welcome here (even after some minor transgretions) or not be here in the first place (when unable to stick to our rules of conduct).

3 Likes