Off topic discussion about moderator team

What tipped the scales in my case, was not something that happened behind closed doors in the moderators’ team. It was out in the open for all to see and it was ugly. That’s where I made my judgement.

I get it that other people see things differently, but as far as I am concerned this matter is closed. The more it’s stirred up the less I care.

2 Likes

This is Sofia. I want to point that every time that I have tried to tell my version it has been deleted. You only saw my reaction to something unfair.

1 Like

If that’s your position, you should allow me to tell people the truth.

2 Likes

I personally agree that we didn’t handle this as well as we probably should have. I don’t think anyone of us expected things to turn out like this, though, and we just weren’t prepared to handle something so complicated.

Just for your information:
We are currently discussing internally about posting an official statement of the whole team, but this can take a while because we live in different timezones, and every mod should get the chance to voice their opinion on this. So please be patient with us.

11 Likes

Note that these are uninformed moderators who judged me for a reaction to an 'injustice (while by the way they knew what I was going through irl) and not for a year of hard work, ganging up on me. Except for Kosh.

I want to see that before it’s posted. You moderators are convinced of many false things.

1 Like

I’ll wait for the official statement.

Just a note: enablers are as much at fault, and if they don’t see the problem they are enabling they really should look harder.

1 Like

Sofia, if you can spread your side of the story everywhere in public, as you did it openly in the chat during the last couple of days, and for sure also privately with many people, we are also free to make a statement on our side of the story, if you like it or not.
The main reason why we haven’t already done this was out of respect for your privacy, but as you keep attacking us publicly and privately I don’t think we have any other choice.

6 Likes

…except that then we also have to tell our truth, and it descends into “they said, she said… all played out in the forum”. To what end?

I can tell you to what end: to the end of the current moderation team. This is of course what Sofia wants … but is that what the community wants?

Or … what really do you want, Sofia?

2 Likes

Ok, then I will also name names.

1 Like

Oh my fucking Zeus, I’m so tired of this.

6 Likes

Sofia is a good member of the community that is appreciated by almost everyone, and also a good moderator. Sofia was very helpful for the community, more than the rest of the team all together. And also one of the most active players.

Justice, as I have already said several times.
Anything that is more than this nothing would go in that direction. Seeing punished/kicked who should be punished/kicked, an apology (or leave) from the rest of the team, the reinstatement of Kosh and I (he would come back if I am reinstated)

And also to have access to my main account and some internal threads to provide evidence of what I want to write.

I am more tired than you, but I can’t accept being treated in this way and no one should.

1 Like

Well, if the team shows such colossal, unimaginably poor judgement to bring you back after publicly stating you put your personal feelings above others’ well-being, that harassment is OK if you are the one doing it, that you have the right to use any means necessary to get what you want, and all the other things you said that I won’t quote because I can’t remember what was said in Lounge and what in the public space of the forum, I’ll just leave. :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

You may feel that way, but those kinds of speeches just get pushed aside because every time the drama comes out. Working with politicians, I’ve seen it again and again. It never fails to do anything except deprive the people of what they want. (note that “they” don’t just want “drama”, but the truth). How often do you see a politician giving a speech, only to roll your eyes at them?

Truth will out. OGS will survive, and this will be forgotten as most things are.

The expected outcome I have for this, is what usually (thankfully) happens. A reasonable policy change and people coming to like OGS more for what will transpire in the posts to follow.

8 Likes

… and Sofia is now single handedly undoing any goodwill between the community and the well-managed well-respected moderation team that she joined.

… and Sofia continues to think that she should be re-appointed to that team, unable to hear that she does not belong there.

I hope the onlooking jury that is assembling is noting this single-minded refusal to hear the message: Sofia, you do not belong in the moderation team you do not fit, and you will not be reappointed. Full stop.

What kind of person even wants to be reappointed to a team that does not want them? It’s really confounding…

7 Likes

Out of curiosity, what would that look like? What “reasonable policy change” should be on the table here?

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s the case. I beleive, in good faith, that a sufficiently large enough community that didn’t gather for a particular political reason, is diverse and mature enough to not take the stance that one person represents the entire moderation team or OGS itself.

I don’t see OGS’s reputation being hurt by this in all honestly.

5 Likes

You left me no choice. What would have changed if I stayed silent? I have to try everything, because I care. The quality of moderation has drastically gotten worse.

I deserve to be there much more than almost every moderator.

The team, that was working very well, is Kosh and I. The rest of them were barely spectators. I wouldn’t want to come back without Kosh but I think we should be both reinstated. You didn’t exist before, andwe had almost 0 interactions. If I asked for help about mod things I would have been ignored or criticized.

2 Likes

Uh… well… I leave that up to the policy analysts!

I personally don’t deal with any kind of policy management, implementation, revision, etc. I will say that policy is only created after something happens. Preventative policy doesn’t really exist outside of lessons learned from previous attempts at something similar.

A “reasonable” policy change would at the very least, be something that helps OGS mods in the long term. It wouldn’t sacrifice the sanity of the mods for one, but it also wouldn’t become draconian or be “rushed”. Policy is weird…

3 Likes

^^^ see what we have had to put up with?

How ever did OGS survive before Sofia became a moderator, I wonder? :crazy_face: :rofl:

5 Likes

Talking about yourself in the third person is making this veer into the area of “this sounds worrying” … again. :thinking:

If the previous discussions are any indication, you seem to just want that job back, by whatever means and without accepting any feedback or even responsibility of what happened.

voila.

In such cases in RL people go to a neutral arbiter. You and the mod team could agree on such a person (or a group of such people), present your data and accept the “verdict” … or you could go to Reddit or God knows where else where you will not get banned and write extensively about your side of the matter.

In the second case, you should know that this is a “scorched earth” approach and getting back into the mod team would be impossible, after you had burned your bridges like that. As far as I can tell you know that, which is exactly why you are not doing it. And this is very indicative of the situation.

I highly doubt that.
The OGS team seems to want to avoid that and for obvious reasons (it is already a complicated issue).
Sofiam also seems to want to avoid that for obvious reasons (she wants back into the team)

The longer this goes on, the more the OGS team will seem like a stoic team that keeps its ground and upholds the rules and Sofiam will seem like someone banging and shouting outside their neighbour’s door demanding to be let inside.

Yup.

I haven’t noticed any such thing.

Hmm… “deserve”? What’s that word?

wow.
Now there is something that would have gotten you fired by the HR from most real jobs.

6 Likes