Parallel Fractional Go Game 6

Team black how can we save our group on the top left?

1 Like

It’s gonna be hard, especially because we also need to survive on the bottom right, but the first step would be to capture white-cyan in the corner.

I can play on the first line on the left. Most likely A10 or A9, but we’d need a bit of luck, so I shouldn’t disclose it exactly.

Reminder @Sadaharu @Jon_Ko @Tschej

Round 35

1 Like

Now that white-cyan has two chains with only one liberty, we could capture one of them (maybe even two). But our big black chain has only two liberties, so we’d need to be careful.

We’d need to add a black stone to it, so that it’s considered a “new chain” and one cyan chain would need to be “old” and without liberties.

The problem is, it wouldn’t give us any eyes, so maybe we need to dream bigger.

2 Likes

Remonder @Jon_Ko @Tschej

1 Like

Ahh. Im sorry. It looks really bad.
But I think the top left group was aready more or less hopeless many moves ago.

2 Likes

Round 36

Game link

2 Likes

Yes, there was just this tiny hope of capturing white big:

But if I had mentioned it, white could have easily prevented it, so I only hinted at it very vaguely with “dream bigger”.

3 Likes

Round 37

Game link

5 Likes

What happened? I played in the lower right again to prevent white’s connection. I guess nobody of us black players connected our black chain with the upper right?

2 Likes

Yeah, I also played 5-4 since I wanted to try to block White’s connection back to the big group, and I knew we were short on liberties, but I was hoping White would be distracted enough in the upper-left to leave it alone for one move. I guess White-Cyan probably played on the same spot and another White player played the killing move?

2 Likes

Ah, okay.

I’d suggest we resign now, unless someone wants to see the very last stage of this variant.

3 Likes

I played 3-6 in the upper-right. I figured the 4-5 point in the lower-right would probably be a popular choice again, and likely result in self capture one way or another. I also wasn’t sure how to help in the upper-left.

3 Likes

I also played 6-3 top right. That means garlicsoup dealt the other killing blow to black-green on 4-5.

My reasoning was that my greenness would survive, while garlics pinkness wouldn’t, so he would take 4-5.

2 Likes

We already know of two black players who played 4-5, so that’s more than enough to take the second liberty.

1 Like

I too played 6-3.

I thought, your stone doesn’t survive their there either because it’s white, therefore it makes more sense for the already doomed pink to make the suicide play.

4 Likes

O yea, that’s right! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I want to thank everybody for playing!

@garlicsoup @Sadaharu @Feijoa @Tschej @JohnnieDarko @Jon_Ko @PRHG

8 Likes

Before I thank everyone, I’d like to have confirmation that we actually resign. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes