People need to work for their wins

Y u no resign…

2 Likes

This just feels very elitist.

5 Likes

I guess the stronger player sprouted out of a goban as a fully formed annoying know-it-all strong player, like Aphrodite from the shell.

1 Like

Well. Again my purpose was your OWN honesty, the honesty with yourself more as How to behave with your opponent (stronger or not)

2 Likes

My purpose was for people who post stuff like that to be completely honest with themselves why they feel the need to post stuff like that.
I may never learn; but they know.

1 Like

When I’m honest to myself, I cannot resign before move 150. Before this I cannot estimate how close the game is. And my score estimation isn’t reliable for games closer than 20 points.

Also I don’t play to win, so continue to play a lost game isn’t betraying me either. Why should I end a game early, when there are still so many interesting moves to be played.

In all honesty, if a player should resign a game is dependent on the setting and the skill of the player. You can see many DDKs resigning games they still could have one, just because they lost some unimportant stones anywhere.

7 Likes

I often find myself in the shoes of the strong player in a teaching game.
If the situation has become desperate, I find it perfectly OK to continue playing. However. Please play as the situation requires. Attack me. Invade me. Cut me. Give it your best. This is not wasting my time; strong players call it “finding a place to resign”, but you’d be surprised.

For me the problem is not players not resigning, it’s players playing from far behind as if the game was equal. Going down peacefully to the yose is not working for a win.

I find this advice to be good both from the etiquette, the attitude, and the winning rate standpoint.

9 Likes

In all honesty, I dont care if these DDK resign When they could try more. Afterall Its Just one Of the many mistakes you can make at this level, part of a freedom which wont hurt that much your progress. What hurts more is to repeat the same failure like using a wrong shape, Trying to trick like an old bot your opponent or well whatever way of wrong playing… Better dont get it as an habit, but sure you can experiment it until you realize.

1 Like

I just wanted to come back and say that this changed the way I approached an ongoing game with a much stronger opponent. I realized that I was unconsciously “resigned” from the beginning. Thank you.

11 Likes