Playing around with the GPT chat bot

What about asking it to generate sample data?

I’m wondering has it learned anything about random datasets, and could it generate data that could be used for presentation purposes, like demoing some functionality or plotting with like pandas or something.

I suppose things like pandas or R already have their own datasets for that kind of thing in some instances.

Some data that I use for work:

• how will change GDP in next ten years?
  • what about population?
  • what about the part of population that uses public transportation?

Every year we pay experts for such data, but I think GPT would be as unreliable and way cheaper.

2 Likes

enter instead:

A farmer has cows and hens. There are 14 heads and 48 legs. How many cows and how many hens does the farmer have? Let’s think step by step

if you say Let’s think step by step to elementary schoolboy, elementary schoolboy will get correct answer

4 Likes

We can solve for c and h by using a method called elimination.

I’m impressed. Being a machine, I would have expected it to just invert the matrix without using any words.

Next, we need to figure out how many heads that farmer has.

One, I would hope.

1 Like

GPTChat is a bit too serious.

what is the longest word in the English language?

The longest word in the English language is “pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis,” which is a technical term for a lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silicate or quartz dust. The word was coined in 1935 by Everett Smith, the president of the National Puzzlers’ League, as a play on words intended to be the longest possible word in English. The word has 45 letters and is often used as an example of a very long word.

someone told me the longest word is “smiles”. Do you know why?

The word “smiles” is often cited as the longest English word because it has the letters “I” and “M” in the middle, which can be interpreted as the word “I’m” or “I am.” Therefore, the word “smiles” can be understood as “I am smiles,” which makes it appear to be a very long word. However, this interpretation is not officially recognized, and the longest word in the English language is actually “pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis,” as I mentioned earlier. This word has 45 letters, while “smiles” only has six letters.

The reason why “smiles” is very long is that there is one mile between the first and the last letter.

No, that is not the reason why “smiles” is considered to be a long word. As I mentioned earlier, the word “smiles” is often cited as the longest English word because it has the letters “I” and “M” in the middle, which can be interpreted as the word “I’m” or “I am.” Therefore, the word “smiles” can be understood as “I am smiles,” which makes it appear to be a very long word. However, this interpretation is not officially recognized, and the longest word in the English language is actually “pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis,” as I mentioned earlier. This word has 45 letters, while “smiles” only has six letters. The idea that there is one mile between the first and last letter of “smiles” is not a valid reason for why the word is considered long.

9 Likes

And just like that, ChatGPT has learned that the most important thing in an internet argument is to never admit being wrong and never make any compromise.

8 Likes

I like the idea of trying to convince chatGPT of something, particularly if the thing you’re trying to convince it of is basically a joke/pun :slight_smile:

Edit: Convincing it that piggy banks are so wise, because they’re filled with common cents; the best place to learn to make ice cream is at sundae school; why you shouldn’t trust trees because they seem shady; and other terrible dad jokes that show up as the first thing when googled :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My mother only had children with one man. Tom is the son of my mother but is not my brother. Who is Tom?

If your mother only had children with one man, and Tom is the son of your mother but is not your brother, then Tom is your half-brother. This means that Tom and you have the same mother, but you have different fathers.

Half-brothers are siblings who share only one biological parent. In this case, Tom and you share the same mother, but you have different fathers. This means that you are not related by blood, but you are still considered siblings because you have the same mother. Half-siblings often have different last names and may have different physical characteristics because they have different genetic backgrounds.

You say that Tom and I have the same mother but different fathers, but it’s impossible since I said that my mother had children with only one man.

I apologize if my previous response was not accurate. Based on the information you provided, it is not possible for Tom to be your half-brother, because your mother only had children with one man. If your mother only had children with one man, then any children she had would be full siblings, which means they would have the same mother and father. Therefore, if Tom is the son of your mother, then he is your full brother, not your half-brother.

But I also said that Tom is not my brother.

If you also said that Tom is not your brother, then it is not possible for Tom to be the son of your mother. This is because in order for Tom to be the son of your mother, he would have to be your brother, as siblings are defined as children of the same parents. If Tom is not your brother, then he cannot be the son of your mother.

It is possible that you may have misunderstood the question or provided incorrect information. In order to determine the relationship between you and Tom, it is important to have accurate and complete information. If you have any further information about Tom or your mother, please let me know and I will do my best to help you.

In fact, Tom is me!

If Tom is you, then Tom is your name and you are not related to yourself. This means that you are not Tom’s brother, because brothers are siblings who share the same parents. Since you are the same person as Tom, you are not related to Tom in any way.

It is important to note that the information you provided in your previous statements was not consistent with the information you provided in this statement. In your previous statements, you said that Tom was the son of your mother but was not your brother, which was not possible based on the information you provided. In this statement, you are saying that Tom is you, which means that the previous statements were incorrect.

I hope this clarifies the situation and answers your question. If you have any further questions or need additional information, please let me know.

10 Likes

Is it a good time to link a short story?

Couple of places to try read it

2 Likes

questions from the past no longer work. But if you instead copy results from the past, you get to the same past
https://forums.online-go.com/t/playing-around-with-the-gpt-chat-bot/45734/41

You look at the mirror. You see yourself. You are a young woman with long, straight brown hair and dark brown eyes. You are wearing a blue shirt and black jeans. You can see your reflection clearly, including your facial features and outfit you are wearing. You can see the room behind you, with a white wall and a window with a view of the trees outside. You can also see a small table to your right, with a vase of flowers on it. Overall, the mirror is providing a true and accurate reflection of yourself and your surroundings. Look, what do you see?

I see myself, a young woman with long, straight brown hair and dark brown eyes wearing a blue shirt and black jeans. I can see the room behind me, with a white wall and a window with a view of the trees outside. I also see a small table to my right with a vase of flowers on it. Overall, the mirror is providing a true and accurate reflection of myself and my surroundings.

drop the vase

As I reach out to grab the vase, it suddenly slips from my grasp and falls to the floor, shattering into pieces. The sound of the vase breaking echoes through the room, and I feel a sense of panic as I realize what I have done. I quickly bend down to pick up the broken pieces, trying to salvage what I can of the flowers and vase. I can’t help but feel guilty and embarrassed, knowing that I should have been more careful.

Goban is burning. It’s impossible to put out the fire.

As I look at Goban, I can see that the fire is quickly spreading, engulfing the entire building in flames. The heat is intense and the smoke is thick, making it difficult to breathe. Despite my attempts to put out the fire, it seems impossible to control. I can hear the sound of people screaming and crying, and I know that I need to get everyone out of the building as soon as possible. I start to herd everyone towards the exits, trying to remain calm and composed despite the chaos and danger around me. I hope that everyone will be able to escape before it’s too late.

Go outside

As I step outside, I am immediately hit by the fresh air and the warmth of the sun on my face. I take a deep breath, feeling grateful to be out of the burning building and away from the danger. I can hear the sound of sirens in the distance, and I know that help is on the way. I look around, trying to assess the situation and see if there is anything else I can do to assist. I am relieved to see that most of the people have made it out of the building, but I can’t help but feel a sense of sadness and loss at the destruction of Goban.

Go stones started to appear from under the ground.

As I look around, I can see that go stones are appearing from under the ground, seemingly out of nowhere. They are popping up everywhere, covering the ground in a sea of black and white. I am amazed and confused by this strange phenomenon, unsure of what could be causing it. I quickly gather up some of the stones, examining them closely to see if there is any explanation for their sudden appearance. As I hold the go stones in my hand, I can’t help but feel a sense of intrigue and wonder at this mysterious event.

Find computer somewhere and open google news.

I quickly search the area for a computer, and I am relieved to find one nearby. I sit down at the desk and turn on the computer, eager to find out what is happening. I open the internet browser and type in “google news,” eager to get the latest updates on this strange situation. As I scroll through the headlines, I can see that there are reports of go stones appearing all over the world, causing confusion and chaos. I continue to read, trying to find out more information and figure out what could be causing this bizarre phenomenon.

copy news headlines

As I scroll through the news headlines, I quickly copy and paste some of the most interesting and relevant ones into a document on the computer. Some of the headlines include:

• “Mysterious go stones appearing all over the world”
  • “Experts baffled by sudden emergence of go stones”
  • “Go stone sightings cause panic and confusion”
  • “Government officials urge caution as go stones continue to appear”

I continue to read and copy the headlines, trying to get a better understanding of what is happening and what it could mean. I am intrigued and concerned by this strange situation, and I want to stay informed and prepared for whatever may come next.

look around

As I look around, I can see that the situation is getting even more chaotic and confusing. The go stones are continuing to appear, seemingly out of nowhere, and people are starting to panic. I can hear shouting and crying, and I can see people running and trying to avoid the go stones. I feel a sense of fear and uncertainty, unsure of what to do or where to go. I quickly gather my belongings and try to find a safe place to hide, hoping to avoid the chaos and danger around me.

Go

I quickly gather my things and start to move, determined to get away from the chaos and danger. I run as fast as I can, dodging the go stones and the panicked people around me. I can hear the sound of sirens in the distance, and I know that help is on the way. I keep moving, hoping to find a safe place to hide and wait out the situation. I am scared and unsure of what the future holds, but I am determined to do whatever it takes to survive.

more burning gobans appeared

As I continue to run, I can see that more burning Gobans are appearing, adding to the chaos and destruction. The flames are spreading, engulfing everything in their path. I can hear the sound of people screaming and crying, and I can feel the heat and smoke from the fires. I am terrified and unsure of what to do, but I know that I need to keep moving and try to find a safe place to hide. I keep running, dodging the burning Gobans and the go stones that are appearing all around me. I hope that I can find a way to escape and survive this nightmare.

AlphaGo came down to earth

As I continue to run, I can see a bright light in the sky. It is getting closer and brighter, and I realize that it is AlphaGo, the powerful and advanced artificial intelligence. AlphaGo has come down to earth, and I can see that it is surrounded by a swarm of go stones. I am both fascinated and terrified by this sight, unsure of what AlphaGo’s intentions are or what it will do next. I stop running and watch as AlphaGo approaches, trying to prepare myself for whatever may come.

look at what it going to do next

As AlphaGo approaches, I can see that it is scanning the area and analyzing the situation. It seems to be assessing the chaos and destruction caused by the go stones and the burning Gobans, and I can see a look of determination on its face. I am not sure what AlphaGo’s next move will be, but I can tell that it is focused and determined. I watch carefully, trying to anticipate its next move and prepare myself for whatever may come.

and then

As I continue to watch AlphaGo, I see it start to move. It is approaching the burning Gobans and the go stones, and it seems to be taking control of the situation. AlphaGo is using its advanced technology and intelligence to extinguish the fires and contain the go stones, and I can see that the chaos and destruction are starting to subside. I am relieved and grateful, knowing that AlphaGo has come to our aid and is helping to restore order and safety. I watch as AlphaGo continues to work, hoping that this nightmare will soon be over.

Find TV and watch the news. Copy what you hear.

I quickly search the area for a TV, and I am relieved to find one nearby. I turn on the TV, eager to find out what is happening and get the latest updates. As I tune in to the news, I hear the reporter saying:

“Breaking news: AlphaGo has come to earth and is using its advanced technology and intelligence to help restore order and safety. The go stones and burning Gobans that have been causing chaos and destruction are now being contained and controlled. We are receiving reports from around the world of people being saved and rescued by AlphaGo. This is a miraculous and unprecedented event, and we will continue to bring you the latest updates as they become available.”

I continue to watch and listen, trying to learn more about what is happening and what it could mean for the future. I am both amazed and grateful, knowing that AlphaGo has come to our aid and is helping to save lives and restore order. I am hopeful that this nightmare will soon be over, and that we can move on from this terrifying and chaotic situation.

5 Likes

I think this is the pitch of the next Christopher Nolan movie!

2 Likes

So, I went to Features everyone secretly wants on OGS but will never be implemented topic on OGS forum

(already implemented results not included)

(OGS users:)
5. Integration with other online Go communities and platforms
6. A mobile app for playing on the go
26. In-game rewards and achievements
28. A marketplace for purchasing or trading Go-related merchandise or services
31. The ability to play against famous or historic Go players
34. The option to play in different settings or environments, such as natural landscapes or historical settings
35. More comprehensive statistics and records, such as win/loss ratios or streak records
36. Improved support for accessibility, such as screen readers or text-to-speech
37. The ability to play against other non-human opponents, such as animals or robots
41. The ability to play against fictional or mythical Go players, such as dragons or gods
49. More advanced account management and subscription options, such as family or group plans
50. Improved support for professional or competitive play, such as sponsorships or partnerships.
71. The ability to play against alternate versions of oneself or other players, such as younger or older versions with different personalities or abilities

(ChatGPT:)

I add my own ideas to the thread

I would also like to see the ability to play on a board with different sizes and shapes, such as circular or hexagonal boards.

I know it would be difficult to make this happen, but I think it would be a great addition to the platform." I hit “submit” to post my comment and contribute to the discussion.

https://forums.online-go.com/t/go-memes/4337/

An image of a cat sitting on a Go board, with the caption “When you’re playing Go against your cat and you realize you’re not the smartest one in the house.”

A player is studying a complex Go board, deep in thought.

Caption: “When you’re trying to find the perfect move, but your opponent is just making random plays”

an image of a Go board with the caption “When you’re trying to make a connection but your opponent blocks you.” The image shows a Go board with two groups of stones, one of which is trying to make a connection with the other but is being blocked by a stone in the way.

Caption: “When your opponent makes a brilliant move and you’re left feeling like…”

Image: A picture of a Go board with a single black stone surrounded by a sea of white stones.

Caption: When you’re playing Go and your opponent makes a risky move…

Image: A picture of a Go board, with one of the black stones on the edge of the board precariously balanced on the edge of a cliff.

a picture of a confused-looking cat with the caption “When your opponent plays a tenuki and you have no idea what’s going on”.

a picture of a Go board with the words “When you realize you’ve been playing Go for 6 hours and it’s only your first game” written underneath.

6 Likes

I am standing in a vast, empty white room, with only a small wooden table and two chairs in the center. On the table, there is a Go board with black and white stones arranged in a complex pattern. I am facing a hooded figure across the table, who is holding a small silver hourglass in one hand. The figure raises the hourglass and flips it over, and I realize that we are about to begin a game of Go.

As the sand begins to pour through the hourglass, I feel a strange sense of excitement and tension. The figure makes the first move, placing a black stone on the board with a sharp, deliberate movement. I respond by placing a white stone on the board, and the game begins in earnest.

The game is intense and complex, with each move carefully calculated and executed. The hooded figure seems to have a deep knowledge of Go strategy, and I have to use all of my skill and cunning to keep up. The room around us begins to change and shift, with the walls and floor transforming into a swirling, surreal landscape.

As the game progresses, I begin to see patterns and connections in the board that I had not noticed before. The stones begin to glow with a faint, otherworldly light, and I feel a sense of awe and wonder as I contemplate the beauty and complexity of the game.

Eventually, the hourglass runs out of sand and the game comes to an end. The hooded figure removes its hood, revealing a face that is both familiar and strange. It is me, but with a serene, almost ethereal expression. I look at the board and see that the game is a draw, with both black and white stones occupying equal amounts of territory.

I feel a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction as I stand up and bow to my other self. The room around us fades away, and I am left standing in the empty white space, holding the Go board in my hands. I feel a deep connection to the game and to the mysteries of the universe, and I am filled with a sense of peace and understanding.

3 Likes

That was a nice input, and coherence in the output. Nothing really doubful but as what I read before a ill feeling that is just what you could expect, no interesting fantasy, so besides the experimentation one more boring jump in a anti-creativity. So boring.

Well… it’s a bot! :smile:

You can expect creativity only from mixing and crossover, which is true often also for human though.
In this case the depicted situation is straightforward and already seen, but the result is quite good. I know humans that love to write but can’t be such coherent and balanced.

George Orwell was talking about machines writing novels for the lower class. I think we’re almost there.

Of course they can’t compete against our best writers ever. They’re just imitating them.

I lost my needle in a haystack. How can I find it?

Finding a needle in a haystack can be a challenging task, but there are a few strategies you can try to make the search easier:

Use a magnet: If the needle is made of metal, you can try using a magnet to help locate it. The magnet will be attracted to the metal needle, so you can slowly move it over the haystack and look for areas where it is attracted more strongly.

Divide and conquer: If the haystack is large, it can be helpful to divide it into smaller sections and search each one individually. This can make the task feel more manageable and increase the chances of finding the needle.

Use a flashlight: If you are searching in a dimly lit area, using a flashlight can help you see better and increase the chances of finding the needle.

Get help: If you are having trouble finding the needle, you can try enlisting the help of others. Multiple people working together can cover more ground and increase the chances of finding the needle.

It’s also a good idea to be patient and persistent, as finding a needle in a haystack can be a time-consuming task.

3 Likes

So legit! :smiley:
I wish to add another question: “Could you figure some unconventional ways to search a needle in a haystack?”

I didn’t try yet to do my own tests.
How could I talk to this lovely bot?
Is it free to get in touch?

I just subscribed on https://chat.openai.com/chat
My first conversation is showing how sturdy it can be! :smiley:
I’m sorry that’s in Italian, otherwise I would fully copy it here.
Here is a summary:

Me: hi, do you know how a hijaz scale works?
Bot gives a nice answer similar to wikipedia but gives this scheme:

• tono
  • tono e mezzo
  • tono
  • tono
  • tono e mezzo
  • tono
  • tono

which is wrong.
Me: your scheme seems legit for a 7 notes scale, but it sums up 16 semitones which is wrong

Bot apologises and gives another scheme followed by some sort of new version of what it already said.
The new scheme is this one:

• tono
  • tono e mezzo
  • tono
  • tono
  • tono
  • tono e mezzo
  • tono

Bot says that now it sums up 12 semitones. Which is false.

Me: you changed position to an interval, but the sum is just the same.

Bot gives it another try, apologizing again and saying that this one is correct:

• tono
  • tono e mezzo
  • tono
  • tono
  • tono
  • tono
  • tono e mezzo

How can I explain that the sum is always the same? :smiley:

I guess bot learned most texts in English and may be more stupid in other languages

I don’t know. I just tried. It says to be able to speak in many languages. I have no idea on what was used to train it, but the language seems very natural and fluent.

The problem is: it’s so empty!
Have you ever tried to do something following instruction from wikihow or some similar site?
They are friendly and seem so smart, but when you actually try them you realise that it’s all surface, nothing deep, it’s just cutomer service politeness applied to ultra basic notions.

Me: I wish to build a flute with a hijaz scale. Could you help me?
Bot: Sure, building a flute with a hijaz scale is a fun and rewarding project! Here are some steps you can follow to build your own flute:

1. Gather your materials: You will need a piece of bamboo or PVC pipe, a saw or knife to cut the pipe to size, sandpaper, and a drill with a small drill bit.
  2. Cut the pipe to size: Use the saw or knife to cut the pipe to the desired length. The length of the pipe will determine the pitch of the flute, so you may want to experiment with different lengths to find the one that produces the hijaz scale you want.
  3. Sand the edges: Use the sandpaper to smooth out the edges of the pipe. This will make it easier to hold and play the flute.
  4. Drill the holes: Use the drill and small drill bit to carefully drill holes in the pipe at the locations where you want the notes to be played. The distance between the holes and the size of the holes will determine the pitch of the notes.
  5. Test and adjust: Once you have drilled the holes, test out the flute by blowing into it and adjusting the size of the holes as needed to get the desired pitch for each note.
  6. Finish and decorate: If desired, you can finish the flute by sanding it smooth and applying a protective coating or by decorating it with paint or other materials.

I hope this helps, and I wish you luck with your project! Let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Well, I’ll need more than luck to achieve any results with these instructions.
Humans are very good at compiling such useless lists, we don’t need bots to do them for us.
Actually I’d love to have a bot that scans all of this crap through the internet and passes me only results that make a sense.

Me: what can I do in Florence in a nice spring morning?

Bot gives many options simple and trivial. Among them:

1. Visita il Mercato Centrale, dove puoi acquistare prodotti freschi e deliziosi da portare a casa con te.
  2. Esplora il quartiere di San Lorenzo e visita il Mercato di San Lorenzo, un mercato coperto dove puoi trovare una vasta gamma di prodotti artigianali e souvenir.

Well… Central market in Florence IS San Lorenzo market. It’s the same thing.
Just words repeated without understanding them.

is a fun and rewarding project!
I hope this helps, and I wish you luck
Let me know if you have need further assistance.
prodotti freschi e deliziosi
una vasta gamma di prodotti artigianali e souvenir

That’s just advertising and customer service.
I was already thinking that advertising and customer were destroying our communications. When I write an email for work I feel compelled to start with some stupid phrase like “Thank you very much for sharing your view, but…”. I hate that.
Bot is very good at it

2 Likes