Playing around with the GPT chat bot

I’m glad that they diplomatically recognize both the “encircling maneuvers” rules and the “area control maneuvers” rules.

2 Likes

Write the recipe for a cake that Go player would like.

Sure, I’d be happy to help with that! Here’s a recipe for a Go-themed cake that I think any Go player would enjoy:

rewrite the text, but replace most words with Go game terms

Sure, I’ll give it a try! Here’s the recipe rewritten with Go game terms replacing most words:

Ingredients:

For the cake:

• 2 stones all-purpose hane
  • 2 stones ko granulated atari
  • 3/4 suji unsweetened joseki powder
  • 2 tesuji baking aji
  • 1 1/2 tesuji atekomi
  • 1 tengen salt
  • 1 stone buttermilk
  • 1/2 stone fuseki oil
  • 2 large kou eggs
  • 2 tesuji aji keshi extract
  • 1 stone boiling tedomari

For the frosting:

• 1 stone (2 sticks) unsalted sente, softened
  • 4 ko confectioners’ komi
  • 1/2 suji unsweetened joseki powder
  • 1/2 tengen salt
  • 1 tesuji aji keshi extract
  • 1/4 stone milk

Instructions:

1. Preheat your hoshi to 350°F. Joseki two 9-inch round cake tsumego and moku the bottoms with parchment paper.
  2. In a large hane, tenuki together the hane, ko, joseki powder, baking aji, atekomi, and salt.
  3. In a separate hane, tenuki together the buttermilk, fuseki oil, eggs, and aji keshi extract.
  4. Pour the fuseki ingredients into the tenuki ingredients and moyo until well combined.
  5. Stir in the boiling tedomari until the batter is smooth.
  6. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared cake tsumego.
  7. Bake for 30-35 moves, or until a yose toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
  8. Allow the cakes to ko completely in the tsumego.
  9. While the cakes are koing, prepare the frosting. In a large hane, beat the sente until creamy.
  10. Add the confectioners’ komi, joseki powder, salt, and aji keshi extract, and beat until well combined.
  11. Gradually add the milk, beating until the frosting is smooth and spreadable.
  12. Once the cakes are completely koed, use a tsuke to level off the tops if needed.
  13. Place one cake tsumego on a serving plate, and spread a thick layer of frosting over the hoshi.
  14. Place the second cake tsumego on top, and spread a thick layer of frosting over the hoshi and moku of the cake.
  15. To create the Go board design, use a ruler to mark a 19x19 goban onto the top of the cake using a toothpick.
  16. Fill in the goban with a black frosting or a black edible marker.
  17. Serve and enjoy your Go-themed cake!

I hope that’s what you were looking for! Let me know if you have any other requests.

3 Likes

I’d like to have some joseki milk for breakfast and a few tsumego crackers daily to improve my playing! :smiley:

Beware, overdoing tsumegos can be bad for your thickness.

4 Likes

Aiden

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChatGPT/comments/11tg8h1/the_little_fire_gpt4/

3 Likes
I had it write part of an episode of Seinfeld about Go

Jerry and George are sitting in Monk’s Cafe, discussing the game of Go.]

Jerry: “So, have you ever played Go, George?”

George: “No, what’s that?”

Jerry: “It’s an ancient Chinese board game. It’s like chess, but more complex. I’ve been trying to learn how to play.”

George: “Why would you want to learn that? You’re not even Chinese.”

Jerry: “What does that have to do with anything? It’s a cool game. Plus, it’s supposed to be good for your brain.”

George: “Oh please. If I wanted to exercise my brain, I’d just do a crossword puzzle.”

[Elaine walks in and sits down with them.]

Elaine: “What are you guys talking about?”

Jerry: “Go. It’s this awesome game I’ve been playing.”

Elaine: “Oh yeah, I’ve heard of that. Isn’t that the one where you try to capture territory on the board?”

Jerry: “Exactly. It’s like chess, but more complex.”

George: “Yeah, Jerry’s been trying to convince me to learn how to play. I don’t know, I think it sounds too complicated.”

Elaine: “You know, I actually know a guy who’s really good at Go. He’s from Taiwan, and he’s a master at it.”

Jerry: “Really? Do you think he’d be willing to teach us how to play?”

Elaine: “I don’t know, I could ask him. But be warned, he takes the game very seriously. He might not want to waste his time with amateurs.”

Jerry: “Amateurs? We’re not amateurs. We’re the Kings of Monk’s Cafe.”

[Cut to later in the episode. Jerry, George, Elaine, and the Taiwanese Go master are sitting around a Go board, intensely focused on the game.]

Taiwanese Go master: “You are making a foolish move, Jerry. You are leaving yourself open for an attack.”

Jerry: “Oh yeah? Well, I’m going to capture your stones on the next move.”

Taiwanese Go master: “You are too aggressive. You must learn to be patient and strategic.”

Elaine: “This game is making me hungry. Let’s order some food.”

[The group calls over the waitress and starts discussing their order, completely forgetting about the game.]

Taiwanese Go master: “This is disrespectful. You are not taking the game seriously.”

Jerry: “Oh, lighten up. It’s just a game.”

Taiwanese Go master: “Just a game? Go is more than a game. It is a reflection of life itself.”

[The Taiwanese Go master angrily grabs the board and storms out of the cafe. Jerry, George, and Elaine look at each other, stunned.]

Jerry: “Well, I guess we’re not the Kings of Monk’s Cafe anymore.”

End scene.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Burn AIGPT!

4 Likes

Not so fast. ChatGPT also said:

In a shocking turn of events, chess grandmaster Magnus Carlsen has announced that he will be giving up chess, the game he has dominated for over a decade, and will be turning his attention to the ancient Asian game of Go.

Carlsen made the announcement in a press conference held at his training center in Norway, where he stated that he has been fascinated by Go for some time now and has decided to take on the challenge of mastering the game.

“I’ve been playing chess for so many years, and while it has been a great journey, I feel like I need a new challenge,” Carlsen said. “Go is a beautiful game that has intrigued me for a long time, and I’m excited to see where this journey takes me.”

The announcement has stunned the chess world, where Carlsen has been the undisputed world champion since 2013. He has won numerous titles and accolades throughout his career, and his departure from chess will undoubtedly leave a huge void in the game.

However, the Go community has welcomed Carlsen with open arms, seeing his switch as a huge boost for the game’s popularity. Go, also known as Weiqi, is a strategic board game that originated in ancient China and is played by millions worldwide.

Carlsen will have his work cut out for him as Go is widely regarded as one of the most complex and challenging board games in the world. But with his analytical mind and years of experience in strategy games, many believe that Carlsen has what it takes to excel in the game.

Only time will tell whether Magnus Carlsen’s decision to switch from chess to Go will be a successful one, but one thing is for sure, the world will be watching closely as he takes on this new challenge.

4 Likes

So the only thing chat gpt is good for is fake news! :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve found it good for some kinda of programming questions. Awesome actually.

It definitely gets things wrong with confidence when it gets them wrong though. For coding, this is not too much of a problem … I guess partly because I can recognise when it’s happening.

It is awful at chemistry though - maybe because chemistry is full of ambiguities and odd outcomes.

ChatGPT will assert with great confidence that something will lower the pH for example, and tell you in the next answer that the same thing causes high pH problems.

Yeah it’s fantastic for hard-to-google facts like that.

It’s almost convinced me that my memory of a scene from The Goon Show, where Bluebottle says “waits for audience applause … not a sausage” is not real.

(ChatGPT 3.5 was unable to answer)

@flat_chocolate_mount , no

2 Likes

Maybe a good idea to share this thread here: Ask questions over Sensei's Library ChatGPT-style - #64 by flat_chocolate_mount.

https://chat.lmsys.org/

2 Likes

https://openai.com/chatgpt#do-more-with-gpts

2 Likes

1 Like