@S_Alexander 4k
@teapoweredrobot 8k
@dej 13k

Team C

Captain: Vsotvep 5k
@bugcat 4k
@Conrad_Melville 8k
@Gia 25k

I have made a suggestion, trying to keep teams balanced, but it’s open for discussion of course. Also, I can’t tag more than 10 people, so sorry yebellz for not tagging you.

4 Likes

Just letting you know that I like the idea and would want to join, had I not too many games ongoing at the moment. Maybe I’ll offer to act as a replacement at some later time, when/if I have managed to get my game count down a bit.

1 Like

Or we can just add you to the list :slight_smile:

I have no problem if you add, me, as long as nobody is annoyed if I stay silent for longer times.

Let’s start and the rest of volunteers will be dispensed to the least active teams.

1 Like

The book to inspire us.

2 Likes

Yes, I think we should just start, with @richyfourtytwo and others that may wish join as initially a reserve, in case we run into participation issues. However, even if there are no participation issues, we can bring @richyfourtytwo and others into the game when they are available.

It seems that the vast majority prefers Japanese rules with 6.5 komi, so let’s go with that.

One final suggestion: instead of random colors, how about each teams plays one game as black and the other as white. There are two possibilities:

1. A White vs B Black; B White vs C Black; C White vs A Black
  2. A Black vs B White; B Black vs C White; C Black vs A White

To select: @discobot roll 1d2

2 Likes

:game_die: 1

Okay, @discobot has selected option 1:

A White vs B Black; B White vs C Black; C White vs A Black

I’ve sent unranked challenges to the captains of Teams A and C. I’ve started a private group chat for my team and will be setting up private demo boards for the games, once those start.

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

I’ve sent the third challenge to GOkyle, and I’ll make demo boards and private group chat for my team.

2 Likes

This is theme song for one of the upcoming games, where a team captain looks at the board and realises a group is dead and has to tell the others.

2 Likes

Yay! Here goooooooooooooes~

1 Like

@Vsotvep: I accepted your challenge (Team A vs Team C)… but it was 9 by 9. Shouldn’t it be 19 by 19? Should we cancel that game and resend the challenge as 19x19?

1 Like

Wow, I must have been under a rock for the past two weeks. I didn’t see this thread at all

If someone wants to post links to the games, it would make it easier on those of us watching :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ll add them to the top post too.

By the way, @RubyMineshaft, if you are interested in joining, you can be a reserve player that we can try to assign into a team at some point.

3 Likes

I’d really just hold my team back. I’ll hang back and head up the cheer squad for now. If you end up needing extra players or something later then I could probably be persuaded to join in.

Did you notice that the time is wrong for the C Team in the B vs C game? Almost three days have elapsed in less than one day. Some kind of post-Einstein time warp? I think the challenge needs to be redone. Seems like a bug.

That’s because it’s the first move, that is always shorter. As soon as I play the first move it’ll become 5 days, don’t worry. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This baffles me, I never play 9x9!

1 Like