"Please be nice" line in chat

I love that suggestion!

Maybe the hint should be randomly sampled from a list of lessons that we want to push on people.

• Please be nice in chat.
  • It’s just a game.
  • Don’t be sour if you lose, everybody does.
  • Go out into the sunshine from time to time.
  • Don’t play Go in your underwear.
  • Don’t smoke or drink alcohol, it’s unhealthy.
  • Don’t request undo after a misread.
  • Grant undo if it was an honest mistake.
  • Don’t make a sad face, why don’t you smile more often?
10 Likes

I sincerely hope that you are not serious.
:grin:

3 Likes

Both of these are contradictory to how we moderate, though. You can request an undo for anything, it doesn’t have to be an honest mistake. And you never have to grant one.

The real lesson: One doesn’t have to grant an undo, and if one does, one cannot complain about the new move

8 Likes

This is the moderation we want and deserve.

5 Likes

I know people will see this as controversial, but I couldn’t agree more.

//Edit: And while we’re at it, let’s add “Get a job!” to the list :wink:

2 Likes

If this happens, it would be cool if adding a phrase was super simple, like adding an element to an array or something, so that the phrases could be easily expanded with a pull request.

Don’t forget:
Get a life!

5 Likes

It is very simple. Below the Be nice in chat line, there is a special window where you can add any phrase you want.
:innocent:

5 Likes

@Atorrante - would you mind telling me what browser / OS you’re using? That pre-selected phrase arrow shouldn’t be misaligned like that! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

FYI everyone I took the line out. I was on the fence about adding it in the first place, but figured I’d try it out since there were multiple people that requested it. Since the introduction though several people have been confused about the line thinking that it might imply that they were flagged as not nice or something, which is what I was afraid of, so I just took it out.

15 Likes

Do you mean this line that doesn’t match up?

It looks like that for me on mobile (Android) in Chrome and Firefox and in edge on surface tablet (win 10) but not Firefox on desktop (win 10).

3 Likes

Ugh, literally unplayable…

By the way, how come @teapoweredrobot has become a sideways anoek?

7 Likes

unpleasant >>>> unplayable

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

safari, big sur 11.3.1

Wow, how to get to see people’s labels next to their names? Mine are all underneath

Ok alignment issue should be fixed for everyone now, I think

5 Likes

Hey, if you want some other silly things to fix

The way the invite player name box persists through chatboxes on the tournament page :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t really use the pm’s a whole lot though, and very infrequently would have one open on a tournament page, but it’s something I remember seeing a while ago.

3 Likes

Fixed :slight_smile:

… We’ll see if I broke anything. I very deliberately had a z-index on that input field widget for some reason, but I have no recollection as to why. I tested it elsewhere without it and it seemed fine… I guess we’ll see if something else breaks now that I’ve removed it.

7 Likes

Seems to just be a difference between the mobile vs desktop UI for Discourse.

:partying_face:

Thank goodness!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.