please explain to me why i lost those games exactly

Dude… with all the respect due to you… You managed to piss off two people whom I have literally seen for years, be some of the kindest and most chill people on this forum (talking about you @tonybe and @trohde).

You seem to think that there is another way to play the game of go…other than the objective rules of the game? That would be like me complaining I’m bad at chess, because all I want to do is move my pieces back and forth without even attempting to actually play the game of chess.

You have been offered every conceivable way to improve at this game. You have been given:

<> Advice about the rules of the game from nearly every person to have interacted with you.

<> website that has go problems

<> a tutorial that exists on the website OGS

<> the chance to have one-on-one lessons

<> links to videos explaining how to play Go

<> the patience of many, many players who have tried to help you over and over again

<> more forum space than any single other person has taken up in these forums in years.
<> various game reviews

<> various seemingly pointless questions answered

<> the same questions are being answered over and over again

Yes… Some people in here have treated you poorly… and I have been one of them. Though “treating you poorly” is a strong phrase here in this context.

I have one last thing to say to you… Either you start listening to people. Or you stop posting. Frankly, at this point, I’m not even sure why you are even trying to play Go…if indeed, you are actually trying at all, which I’m not particularly convinced of. Have some humility here. These people actually know how to play the game, and you are actively going out of your way to engage them, while completely ignoring them. It’s honestly shockingly disrespectful.

5 Likes

This was the crux of my point - he’s not “playing a strategy game” - he’s playing the GET ATTENTION FROM PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET game - and we don’t want to play anymore …

7 Likes

Honestly, id be totally clocked out on this whole debacle, where it not for the fact that every time im in the forums, there is seemingly another post or two by dokbohm, going over the same tedious things time and again.

I’m honestly just so done with it all at this point. Im a pretty patient person… actually, im a very patient person. And this has genuinly annoyed me.

5 Likes

very much same here ^

4 Likes

Then I guess I’m good for something here — pissing establishment go people off – humm, new vocation I guess

You’re good at getting attention online.

3 Likes

Nah. You guys are very good at giving it. (Sorry no sorry)

2 Likes

You’re welcome to devise your own “NEW” way to learn GO. Give it a try.. Nobody will try and stop you.
But when you come here asking why its not working and what you should have done better, don’t be surprised when people tell you to learn the fundamentals the way they learned them.

Imagine. There is a General recipe to bake bread. There are many variation on how to make bread, but all will involve flour, water and heat. You can add more or less yeast as you want, salt, oil, yogurts, whatever. many variations.
But when you come back and ask “why isnt my bread rising”? and the answer is “did you use yeast”? Don’t reply with "I don’t want to use your elitist way to make bread”.

Go ahead, eat your flatbread then, if you don’t want to use yeast.

When you ask “why isn’t my bread cooked in the middle?” and somebody answers “did you use and oven?” and you answer “there are more ways to make bread” sure Go ahead. Eat your half cooked bread that you’ve held over a fire like you were cooking a marshmellow.

Point is, take water and flour, mix it and hold it close to heat, you’ll get bread. I make flat bread on my stove all the time, love it,.. But don’t come here asking why your loaf of semi cooked flour dough doesn’t taste good or look like a baguette if you’re not following the damn recipe.

Regards,

4 Likes

@dokbohm don’t let them bully you. Keep living your life dude

4 Likes

2 Likes

thanks for at least some support here greatly appreciated

Until yesterday, I believed that the OP was an old guy with middling dementia. However, I now agree with what @tonybe implied, that he is a troll who is toying with OGS. The tipping point came with this post:

This is not something a person with dementia would say. The key words, “establishment go people,” are bizarre, and they signal some underlying agenda based on resentment, which a random person with dementia would not harbor.

I appeal to the community: do not feed this troll, and mods, please close all the threads created by the OP.

7 Likes

you are so wrong and barking up not only the wrong tree the wrong forest

What did it for me was repeated questions and not listening to advice. This person is attention-hungry and is not looking to improve at Go.

5 Likes

Then stop replying to my questions and let others who will and aare ble to answer my questions, and then everyone will be happy – just stop replying to my posts if you have nothing to the actual question to add that was asked and not some attack on the person asking the question?