Punishing policy for blitz players

I believe a new clock system was being rolled out last year which was more lenient towards intermittent connection issues

in the sense that it was supposed to take into account latency information. I remember at the time testing whether we could complete ludicrously fast blitz settings for 9x9 on beta like 5s + 1s Fischer

and I’m not a blitz player, I tend to timeout on fast games, but with practice I could.

That’s not to say there isn’t possibly some bugs. I know for instance in some of my longer games of 30m+15s Fischer or 1h+5x30s I will run into some “error submitting move” problems, possibly a couple of times per game, and of course it’s awful when it happens if you’re in byo-yomi or living on increment, but it hasn’t been too bad for me personally.

Again that’s not to say that people don’t have connection issues or connection issues don’t exist, but more so that hopefully some things are still playable with reasonable connections and latency.

Happy to try some more 5s+1s games with people if they want, but you might have to give me a few warmup games to not timeout :slight_smile: I have to get into the frame of mind of planning ahead and clicking when it’s my turn quickly.

(I wasn’t sure I got the feeling people were denying existences of connection issues - but maybe I’m just glossing over things while reading, or this is some issue from before this thread)

6 Likes