Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

6 Likes

Anyone read this book?

5 Likes

It’s on my shelf but I’ve not found time to read it yet.

3 Likes

Not a huge success among my friends who read it.

3 Likes

I want to go home and play go, but my staff do not want to work without me :frowning_face:

3 Likes

I guess that’s a case for this thread: https://forums.online-go.com/t/you-know-you-are-a-go-addict-when/ :wink:

1 Like

Teach them to play and bring them home

6 Likes

Ok this what I need

2 Likes

If I want to buy nft art, do I need an Ethereum node?

1 Like

Ok, I got a question as well.
Is it so that most people here are European?
I just ask because when I play late in the evening, around this time (23 - 00 o clock), that occasionally people play in a kind of sleepy way. Anybody else notice that? So I came to assume it’s just other people playing a late evening game.

2 Likes

There are other posts here about flags chosen (which is not so reliable datas for citizenship) you can find with a search. a short majority are American, followed by European. Much less are others. (My memory on it)

2 Likes

Don’t know. I’m too sleepy to notice anything.

6 Likes

Is this some kind of preliminary test???

From “Help translate Online-Go.Com”…

If you can’t translate this you are of no help. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Song on 2:49 mark sounds familiar but I can’t recognize it for the life of me. Plz help

Pretty sure it’s A Cruel Angel’s Thesis, from Neon Genesis Evangelion

Or perhaps you know it from this documentary about the Czech Republic’s Olympic hockey team? :joy: The Nagano Tapes | Five Rings Films

5 Likes

I guess I watch too many creators that are anime fans, because I’ve never watched that but still somehow recognized the song hahahaha

4 Likes

A very tiny feature that I don’t understand.

When I challenge someone on OGS, the form recalls previous settings, including the game name.
If I want to keep them unchanged I only have to push the “Send challenge” button.

Same happens if I go to the “Play” page and create a custom challenge: all previous settings are there, including game name for last created challenge.

Otherwise, if I click the “Rematch” button from a finished game, the game name is blank.
Why is that?

2 Likes

I guess the system remembers your last settings in those first two contexts, since you are creating a game from scratch, and it offers your last setting as a quick convenience.

When you click rematch, I think it copies the various settings from that game, which may be different than the last settings that you used for creating a new game. Since it is not copying the rest of your previous new game settings, that includes not copying the name setting as well.

I guess it makes sense not to copy the name of the game where the rematch is being generated from, since the name of that game might happen to suggest a tournament or ladder game, whereas the rematch would be a separate thing independent of those competitions.

2 Likes

I guess many people just use “friendly game” or something, but the title would make sense to be blank for each new game.

More than once I’ve played a random game with a tournament game title by mistake.

2 Likes

Can be empty by default, with a tick to make your naming persistent.

3 Likes