[Outdated] Rating correction and changes

I’ve also noticed several players who “rage quit” and leave for the game to time out rather than resign, and this feels like it could also be tackled at the same time.

Could I suggest that if one times out a correspondence game on two days in the same week, you get a flag, and if one repeatedly fimes out of live games while the game is closed but they’re still on site, they’re also flagged?

I’m worried that people who are flagged are likely to make a new account rather than dare socialize to get someone to help clear the flag. How about instead simply letting the opponent the chance to review the flagged player’s profile and then accept or decline the match?

the “online circle” in the game should really have 3 levels, green for in game, grey for offline or online but idle, and another color to mark that they’re active on-site, but not in that actual game. (perfect for prioritizing correspondence games)

I’d also like to suggest following the kgs ranking modifers, [10k] for people who play games mostly against weaker opponents, 10k* for provisional players, those who have either lost >90% of their games, and those who have won >90%, and thus don’t have a record varied enough to accurately gauge the player’s strength.

2 Likes