Rating to Rank Conversion Visualized

Impressive. At the time, he had 36 losses (2 of which against weaker) and 1 win (against weaker). The conversion formula gives 44k.

His current 632 rating, which was reached after 6 further losses (against weaker) and 1 further win (against stronger), converts to 40k.

2 Likes

The lowest I have seen is 100. I made an account a year ago and I lost the password :frowning:
Username: Sel Fatari

3 Likes

Here it is: https://online-go.com/player/609155/
100±118. Impressive. :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Amazing. 126 losses, no wins… The rating conversion gives 100 Glicko2 as 97 kyu. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Challenge accepted.

1 Like

Which makes 98 the only Glicko2 rating that is identical to its corresponding kyu rank. Shame Sel Fatari didn’t quite get there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

The x Axis only starts at 850 but you could easily extend the graph

@S_Alexander I’m curious where this formula comes from.

I did an analysis of the historical data from EGF tournament games (about 1 million games since 1996) and I got a curve like this (converted to your units, although an arbitrary constant may be added to the rating axis)

elo

Overall, it is somewhat similar, but the curvature of my graph is stronger and the rating scale is wider.

2 Likes

I think that formula is not from Prof.Glickman. It’s a formula to convert from Glicko-2 ratings to go ranks and I don’t think that go ranks was a concern of Prof. Glickman.

5 Likes

The Glicko-2 ratings are as described by Prof. Glickman, the rank conversion formula was created by anoek by mapping it to certain accounts that were considered “known and stable” though which accounts he chose and how are unknown to me.

6 Likes

In other words, black magic :wink:

5 Likes

what do you think holds the server together :wink:

7 Likes

Meme energy and supporters.

8 Likes

… And moderators. Of course. :hugs::innocent:

9 Likes

9 Likes