Reading or In-Game Analysis?

After. In my opinion. As evidenced by this thread, that is far from the only opinion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t agree. I think most people agreed with tinuviel and me about it having to be used during the game until you reach certain level of skill (she used a bycicle metaphore).

[quote=“Felliver, post:20, topic:4119”]
during the game or after it…
[/quote]Both. You’ll have to read without it in a given time. But what’s sure is that you will allways have to use AFTER. The “during” will depend on you, I guess

1 Like

If you feel like using it middle of the game, go for it. In a game, you can use your time however you like, like messing with that tool.
I find that i can read faster in my mind that i could by clicking the board, so personally i rather read in my mind when playing live games.

Remember that there is no absolute “should” in go, just play the way you want and what feels good for you. And everyone has their own methods on getting stronger, don’t believe anyone who claims knowing “the right way” for you.
“If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.” - Cheshire Cat

2 Likes