Rengo status

Looking at it afresh I can see that this is what it seems like “surely it is for that”.

It makes casual games even more casual I guess. “This is so casual I can leave whenever I feel like it”.

You can tell that I personally wasn’t viewing it this way by the message that pops up when you click resign in a casual game :rofl:

Sigh. I dunno: we could actually easily enough fix, in the front end, the problem of the game appearing in the active games list. I’m just don’t know if it is equally easy to fix the “games I’m in count notification circle thing”.

If that too could be fixed in the front end, maybe I’m leaning that way afterall …

… but is is really that big of a deal?

2 Likes

Tbh I can live either way. One thing that is making it feel more severe though is that many of rengo games are in pause limbo. Totally recognize that’s been fixed for future games, but that’s the situation now.

Ooh I didn’t realize FE was a possibility!

Just guessing: active games groomer, skip if not actually in a team? Or if you can’t actually skip, at least grey out?

1 Like

Question: is there a way to know if player that timed out or resigned was B or W? Especially in bigger lame games and/or it’s been a few moves, it’s really difficult to keep up.

1 Like

If the move number was even then the player was W and vice-versa?

2 Likes

“Lame game”: a game so big you can’t tell whether the person who left was on your team or the opposition :wink: :smiley:

It’s quite conceivable to add that info, though surprisingly not “trivial” (at first thought it would be trivial).

Is it just to answer “gee, I wonder what team they were on” or something more substantial than that?

2 Likes

Just a gee :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

https://online-go.com/game/41992770
Casual rengo, 12h/move.
Black’s turn, but it’ s my time that is running out

Screenshots

immagine
immagine

4 Likes

Thanks - it’s interesting that this was a “First move” kind of timeout, like another recent bug example.

I hope it turns out to be “all the same thing”… :eyes:

You can play on in this game now, let’s see if it recovers.

2 Likes

I can’t. It’s black’s turn, and I’m white

Hah - I meant broadly “don’t hold up the game, if you were all waiting to see if I needed a closer look”.

Can we tell if this game is contributing to your notification circle count?

Ah ok, I thought you were talking to me, sorry.
I don’t know tom_75000 but I guess he will get me lose by timeout, seeing their game history

Emh, I think it’s almost impossible. I have 203 moves to play now and the number increases constantly and quickly, especially if it is low.

1 Like

:sob: you’re right. Oh well, can’t do much to get more info from that game, thanks for pointing it out.

Yes, I imagined so :rofl:

1 Like

I realised that this game is at the top of my active games, not highlighted.
I still don’t know if it counts in the counter but I write it down because maybe it helps :slight_smile:

Edit: I managed to get to 0 (for a few milliseconds) and that game didn’t appear.

4 Likes

sami.fourrage resigned (move 3) but they are still playing

3 Likes

I wonder what happens if there are more participants than there will be moves in the game (around 300 for 19x19)? Does that game still count as a win or loss for those who didn’t even make a move?

What do you mean by “count as a win”?

Thanks.

:sob:

1 Like

Uh, don’t cry! If they don’t want to play anymore, they can run out the clock (as they are probably doing now).