Request: AI review of variations

It would be a great feature, like it’d make uploading finished games that little bit nicer to review for instance.

However I expect some resistance to it as an idea.

Eg Prevent SGF download until game conclusion - there was discussions about how hosting ai on the OGS website might reduce the barrier to cheating. My assumption is that at the moment it’s probably quite painful to use the ai to cheat - I think you’d need to (re)upload an sgf and run analysis on the whole game, for every move you wanted to check.

In principle if you could ask the ai about any move/variation it might make it easier to cheat on ongoing games.

Obviously you wouldn’t make it available for ongoing games, but you’d probably have to follow some ideas in that thread - make sgf downloads unavailable, maybe you could do a check in uploaded games, which sever the game came from and refuse to allow a move by move check if it’s OGS, or maybe it could do a board comparison to ongoing games (+flips+rotates) to see if it’s an ongoing game before running the analysis.

There’s still probably ways around those (and really someone could probably just download a strong ai anyway and use that) - but my guess is that “not making it any easier to cheat” will be high on the list of reasons this might not get a go-ahead.