Restarting games from scoring tool

I mean more so in the short term. I can imagine people being quite frustrated if say a person gets to scoring and thinking they’ve won, and then their opponent decides to go back and play again after seeing katago’s suggestions.

I don’t think it would be unreasonable for someone to ask for such a game to be annulled unless it genuinely is to become site policy that it’s ok. It’s very similar to getting to the scoring phase, having a friend message you to say “Hey the game isn’t finished you can capture theses stones” and then you going back to continue the game.

In any case yes some other long term should be implemented. @Vsotvep mentioned some ideas for example on how the usage of Katago could work

I tried a suggestion as well

but I think it still would just give too much info away that there’s still moves to be made in the area. So likely something similar to Vsotvep’s algorithm is better.

I think though when you know it’s katago giving an opinion, it might still be hard to avoid some situations where it gives away a hint that there’s some aji. I guess if this is kept to a minimum it’s better than no change.

It makes sense but maybe a bit too limited, but maybe that’s how it might need to be, I don’t know :slight_smile:

2 Likes