Review request, 25k (I think I might finally be getting the hang of things)

This is extremely solid advice. The opening is the foundation of gameplay in Go, especially on the 9x9 where you can quite literally lose the game by Move 8 to Move 10. I haven’t seen many others state this @Lord_o_o_Spoon. I tip my hat to you :face_with_monocle:.

@RedAgent14 practicing Go Problems is the most efficient and quickest way to train your mind to “read”. Recognizing common stone patterns and how to beat them is a big part of getting better at Go. I recommend Cho Chikun’s Encyclopedia of Life and Death . It starts at beginner level and progressively gets harder. When it gets too hard, you can just start over from scratch, working through them again. Each time you do this you should be able to go further than you did before. There is definitely a proper way to do Tsumego, and a wonderful treatment of that topic can be found in the free Go book, 81 Little Lions: An Introduction to the 9x9 Board for Advanced Beginners , by Immanuel deVillers, page 20. This book is a gem and I recommend you give it a look.

Your desire to help others and the willingness to invest the time to share so much knowledge and information is to be commended. There is no need to apologize. Rather, you deserve a round of applause and our respect :wink:.

1 Like