RGF vs the World Summary

For completeness sake, I added that letter started by Romanian players (which doesn’t represent national federation), and communications supposedly from Catalin Taranu and Gabriel Wagner.

2 Likes
Ukraine 2

Dear friends,

Russia does not exist any more! There are only Russian terrorists.

Our goal is denazification of Russia.

Method:
general isolation

The Hague

remorse

reparation

lifting isolation

If you’re a Russian person, choose whether you’re a Russian or a person.

1. A person? You stand for peace? You cannot do anything?
    Make a selfie - burn your passport on a video.

2. Russian citizen? Ok. Иди нахуй!

Let’s kick them out everywhere. No to half-measures.
…the only thing that matters is life…

Dmytro Yatsenko,
UFGO President

5 Likes

Please tell me this is a joke.

3 Likes

Sadly not

2 Likes

Even wars have rules for all sides.
This is indeed sad.

1 Like

Feeling strongly is pretty normal when you’re being invaded, I cannot blame him for being angry and holding very strong views currently, so not surprised by the first message.

This second one sounds like childish nonsense…

2 Likes

Where did you find this one?

1 Like

EGF members’ mailing list

3 Likes

I wonder if he’s going to sober up and then claim his account was hacked :thinking:

3 Likes

The second message may be a calculated strategy of negociation. Looking at the reactions of various countries, it is possible that Russia won’t be punished too heavily, and this won’t satisfy Ukraine, so the president of the Ukrainian go association may be exaggerating his stance.

Or maybe not, who knows what he has in mind?

3 Likes

I think that only those who manage national federations have access to that mailing list

1 Like

It should start around here.

The statement doesn’t look as if a lot of rational thought went into it. I doubt we can blame him; nevertheless, even the previous statement had little merit (he specifically asked for there to be “no vote” [edit:] “without discussion”, which doesn’t make any sense). This one just sinks the ship.

Edit: Whoops, ty jlt, I forgot half the quote.

He didn’t ask for “no vote”, but for “vote without discussion”.

To vote for expelling the Russian Go Federation from the European Go
Federation. To vote without discussion, without providing time limits
and explanations ”why”!

Please note the UK letter was sent very early in the process with best intentions. The intention was to bolster opposition to the aggressive action.

Typical internal responses post the letter being sent were:

BEGIN "I’m a little surprised at this.

Mandating such actions could cause the lynching of Go colleagues who don’t support the action and may fear for their lives.

It’s very easy for us to mandate such actions without fear. It’s a bit different when you are under the rule. I note how subservient our entire nation was on recent less immediately threatening issues. I didn’t see many rising up against the actions of our government and we are less likely to be executed for doing so and exercising free speech.

In case you are only following mainstream there are mass protests and Russian people are being arrested for demonstrating against the actions.
https://twitter.com/dreamracer_pro/status/1496980790466736131?s=20&t=_rAM9mKFi7No39bi_LDxAQ" END

There was agreement that we had been hasty in general and a retraction was called for by some. It was decided to let the letter die off. It did not.

6 Likes

Is it only my impression that British stereotypically stir up trouble? Like, always, in general.

4 Likes

If you think sanctions on RGF can help save lives, do it

Statement extrapolated from Natalia Kovaleva’s speech.

4 Likes

Is Kovaleva’s speech available to read? I don’t think I caught that in the above threads

The meeting should’ve started an hour ago. I presume it’s from there.

2 Likes

Ah silly me. Can’t tune in right now but thanks for the context