Room link invitations

Hello, I just ran into this problem today.

I wanted to play a game with a friend but didn’t want random people to join. So I tried creating a game with the private option checked, thinking that this would hide the room listing from the public lobby, and then maybe I could copy a link or something to send to the friend.

To my surprise, when I created the room, some random other person joined? (I jumped out of that game immediately, sorry to that random other person >_<;; )

I realized afterwards that private checkbox actually means the replay is private, and I can’t share the replay publicly afterwards. Can games be switched between private and public, or are they fixed?

This is confusing imo. I thought “private” referred to the visibility of the game listing itself in the lobby.

Most of the online games I’ve played (lichess, amq, among us, tetr.io, tetris effect: connected, puyo puyo tetris, etc.) either have a system where you can share a link to the room to invite people, or a system where you can set up a passcode so that only the person you intend can join.