Simultaneous Fractional Go Game 1

Ok here is your deadline for the first move:

2021-11-12T17:00:00Z

If I get all moves significantly before the deadline, then I will proceed to the next round earlier.

3 Likes

That’s fine with me too. It doesn’t even look so different on the board :fox_face:

1 Like

I don’t have preference. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I conjecture taking big places quickly in the opening is still a good strategy. Therefore I propose to place our stones at three different corners. Are we allowed to communicate privately btw? @yebellz @Feijoa

1 Like

I think private communication is not allowed.

3 Likes

It’s in the rules:

This should be up at the top of this thread, too, to inform the spectators. (I’d be happy to have them doing arbitrary kibitzing here, by the way!)

4 Likes

I agree with allowing spectators to publicly kibitz and analyze in this thread. I think we’ll need all of the help that we can get!

3 Likes

Yes I do, so you can go ahead and take another corner. :wink:

3 Likes

What’s our plan? @Feijoa @yebellz

2 Likes

I don’t know. I’m playing Q4, I think @Feijoa is going for the top-left. Maybe you can go for another corner or add another stone to one of ours to try for an enclosure. I have no idea about the strategy in a game like this.

2 Likes

Multicolor enclosures seem hard to secure. You’ll need all the chains of each color to touch both eyes, right? But I don’t know, I wasn’t able to understand the last game at all, and simultaneous moves add another layer of complexity.

I did suggest playing in the upper left. I sure hope the other team doesn’t all decide to preemptively attack me there!

2 Likes

Sounds good. The opening matters very little anyway, especially when we are still trying to get familiar with the rules.

2 Likes

Round 1

Team White
Feijoa: R17
yebellz: Q4
terrific: C4

Team Black
Jon_Ko: R4
Maharani: R6
Vsotvep: R16

Board position:

fractional_game2_02

Deadline for Round 2:
2021-11-14T07:00:00Z

I’m already intrigued :laughing:

4 Likes

Me too! :smiley:

1 Like

I do feel like the red and orange look a little similar… Maybe one of you would like to change to green? ;3

1 Like

There is supposed to be only red (because @Jon_Ko said they prefer it over orange, and @Feijoa agreed)

You can still change your colour(s) if you want to (it does not affect the gameplay). But all players with this colour should agree.

By the way I have edited the top post so you can see who has which colour pair.

1 Like

Red and pink* I meant. The current red looks orange-ish to me :smiley:

2 Likes

All the individual stones and the possible team combinations (leaving red and cerulean), in case it helps.

3 Likes

Ok, this is probably the first time I made a mistake with the first move, nice trick @yebellz :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

Anyway, good, we got three corners. Like I was saying, I don’t see much point in playing close to each other for now, so I’m thinking of building more in the upper-right, maybe Q17 (anticipating a black play at Q16).

1 Like