Simultaneous Fractional Go Game 1

Round 17

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: Q8 @Jon_Ko: E6 @Vsotvep: S13
White @yebellz: T7 @Feijoa: Q8 @terrific: D7

Maharani and Feijoa collide at Q8, creating our second four-coloured stone.

New Position:

fractional_game2_Round17

Check-in Time for Round 18: 2021-12-13T09:00:00Z

It’s getting crowded. Also, third collision! :partying_face:

3 Likes

I misread the bamboo. Connecting the two parts is easy, but cutting pink is harder than I thought.

3 Likes

Fourth actually.

4 Likes

My next move is “for fun” and not having to pretend like I understand how this variant works :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think I need to spend my next few moves connecting my two groups. Not exactly sure how this is going to work, but I guess I’ll start by extending along column P.

1 Like

Round 18

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: O13 @Jon_Ko: D6 @Vsotvep: S17
White @yebellz: S9 @Feijoa: P12 @terrific: D6

Jon_Ko and terrific collide at D6.

New Position:

fractional_game2_Round18

Check-in Time for Round 19: 2021-12-15T11:00:00Z

3 Likes

P12 was not on my radar when I submitted my move yesterday, but funnily enough was what the Inseong Hwang lecture I watched today was about, the elephant squeeze: 2020 e-Go Congress Lecture #4: Local Techniques, with In-seong Hwang 8d - YouTube

O13 was probably too loose?

I assume if blue-white plays Q9 next round and no one else plays locally, the black stone at R9 still gets captured even though it’s also blue?

Yes, all chains need liberties, and each stone is part of one chain for each of its colours. Right now R9 is a black chain consisting of one stone, which has one liberty left.

1 Like

It’s limiting black+pink’s and white+green’s space in the center, so it will get crowded there.

I think it’s quite essential that R9 doesn’t get captured.

1 Like

I will play Q9.

1 Like

Me too (just in case).

Sorry for the delay, I kinda forgot a little bit and the last move submission came in three hours ago :sweat_smile:

Round 19

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: Q9 @Jon_Ko: D8 @Vsotvep: P11
White @yebellz: T10 @Feijoa: Q13 @terrific: E8

After placing all Stones …

… D8 has no liberties and gets captured.

New Position:

fractional_game2_Round19_2

Check-in Time for Round 20: 2021-12-16T23:00:00Z

The mind games in simultaneous move go are brutal! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Guess I’ll have to send an angry complaint to random.org.

4 Likes

A bit of luck is definetely part of the game ^^

Did you let a random number generator decide your move?

2 Likes

Yes, but I’m not proud of it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

4 Likes

I would’ve played D8 as well.

2 Likes

Yes, I was expecting Vsotvep to connect one way or the other but he was a step ahead of me on this one.

I’d like to play Q11 to kill his stones and connect mine, but he can counteract that by colliding, leaving my new stone trapped with the others. So I might as well play something else, like O12 or P14.

(I will leave the blue-black stone at S10 to @yebellz since I’d just be trapped if I killed it myself.)

But then, since I’m not playing Q11, there’s no urgency for Vsotvep to play there either. So maybe I should consider it after all?

:thinking:

2 Likes

I’ve discovered that you generally try to mislead us about what your next move is, so I’ll assume that you are actually going to play Q11.

Of course saying this itself will have an effect as well :slight_smile:

I hope S11 survives, so that we may capture R10 / R11.

4 Likes