Simultaneous Fractional Go Game 1

I should probably play K14 now?

EDIT: Or is white just dead already?

1 Like

Oh! This looks like everything went alright for us. I think the weak points currently are the L15 blue group, which can be captured with two moves, and the pink M12 group, which can be captured with three moves.

I think if Maharani connects with J16 or K14, and I play something like M11 or L11, that this should be fine. Jon_Ko could then return to the lower left situation.

@Jon_Ko, sorry for breaking our plan, I felt that it was quite likely that L15 would die (either the whole blue group, or by suicide) and that green would connect up, so I decided to play H15 to preemptively block Green one step further towards the centre.

1 Like

White has three liberties, but is very much cut off (there is still a small chance for white to connect on the P line, as Feijoa showed earlier). The blue cutting stones on the L line only have two liberties, so it would help to extend that by connecting at K14.

1 Like

No problem, I knew playing on the outside was viable too.

Now we have surrounded white and green and it looks like our surrounding stones are strong enough to survive.

After reading everyone’s mind I found a perfect move.

3 Likes

Round 37

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: K14 @Jon_Ko: B5 @Vsotvep: H16
White @yebellz: B10 @Feijoa: M11 @terrific: B3

New Position:

fractional_game2_Round37

Check-in Time for Round 38: 2022-01-28T11:00:00Z

4 Likes

So now there’s a pink group with two liberties and a blue with three, want to attack one of them to save my dragon?

3 Likes

@Maharani, what’s your plan?

1 Like

I’ll keep working on the bottom left corner this round. You and @yebellz can discuss what to do in the center

1 Like

Where should I play, @Feijoa?

You two can wait to see what their strategy is for this round. Be aware it’s not very urgent to save the K13 stone. If pink or green kills it then that reduces the liberties of the blue group; if blue-black kills it then pink is still sealed. The only to kill K13 without hurting themselves is pink-blue collision.

2 Likes

I really want us to play at L11 (you) and M13 (me) and kill the pink group. But I think it’s pretty obvious and refutable by a Pink-Black play at L11, so can we kind of imply we’re going to play some other place and trick him into committing to something else? Unfortunately I don’t have a credible alternative to suggest at the moment. Maybe there’s something around P8?

1 Like

Maybe team black should try to capture the green-white dragon?

2 Likes

I was thinking something similar, but sadly, I think that @Jon_Ko urgently needs to play in the lower left as well.

With my M12 stones, I can only run so far, especially if I will keep being chased by both Feijoa and yebellz for the next few turns. I think the best course of action for you is to close of the white liberty around O10, or to attempt to capture K13 or M11.

I’m afraid I have only one obvious move for myself this round.

3 Likes

While it would be nice to save the :dragon:, I’m trying to pay attention to the whole board and starting to think a big danger here is all these Blue-Black stones becoming invulnerable in the center fight. If we want to kill any of Maharani’s stones touching Vsotvep’s live groups, you should avoid them, since they can only die as Blue chains and yours will go with them.

Everything on the left side of the center might be alive, but the Blue-Black stones in columns M-T still seem killable, as long as I can stay between them and your strong groups. So I probably need to play something in the M column right now and work on cutting them off. What do you think @yebellz? You could either try to play under me or work on securing bits of territory on the left.

2 Likes

oops sorry, I completely forgot that the deadline is today :sweat_smile:
@Maharani , @terrific , @Feijoa have yet to submit a move.
Next reminder time: 2022-01-29T17:00:00Z

2 Likes

Isn’t the deadline 11 hours later?

3 Likes

Right, my mistake :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

it’s late and I got confused with the times …

3 Likes

@martin3141 is getting in on the bluffing now too! Anyway, I’ve submitted my move.

2 Likes

All players except @Maharani have submitted a move.

2 Likes