Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: O6 @Jon_Ko: A4 @Vsotvep: E18
White @yebellz: M3 @Feijoa: G4 @terrific: A4

terrific and Jon_Ko collide at A4.

New Position:

fractional_game2_Round40

Check-in Time for Round 41: 2022-02-03T23:00:00Z

2 Likes

@Feijoa, we should have built a happy group together while we still had the chance to. :smile:

2 Likes

Oh, I see now, those White/Pink also threaten to ruin eye space. Nice

1 Like

@Maharani, what do you think about playing somewhere around B14? It seems really big to me.

Great idea! :slight_smile: Yeah, somewhere in that area.

Nice @yebellz, I wasnā€™t thinking of playing there. Now since the deadline is clearly approaching I canā€™t keep considering N moves. So Iā€™ll harass K9 while Blue-Black is distracted on the left.

1 Like

Speaking of, the deadline is a 24-hour time period this tineā€¦

Huh, I must have made a mistake. Sorry about that, how about this as a new deadline? 2022-02-04T19:00:00Z

1 Like

Round 41

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: M8 @Jon_Ko: B8 @Vsotvep: G5
White @yebellz: O7 @Feijoa: P7 @terrific: B8

terrific and Jon_Ko collide again, for the fourth time in a row!

New Position:

fractional_game2_Round41

Check-in Time for Round 42: 2022-02-06T20:00:00Z

By the way, you canā€™t see it, but at least 90% of this post is the link to Vsotvepā€™s tool :laughing:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s some nice coordination, but be careful @yebellz, thereā€™s a lot around there that we can only kill by attacking Blue, since Black is safe. Iā€™m hoping we can seal off some area and leave my stones with enough eye space to survive.

2 Likes

To avoid colliding, Iā€™m thinking of playing randomly in one of these locations:

2 Likes

It has to fit the entire board state inside the link. I checked and it is able to save the 25x25 board with any colour combination, but slightly larger is too large for URLs, most servers donā€™t accept it.

It can probably be condensed a bit more, using the whole range of characters, but :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

As for the game, if someone needs me, and has some idea of how I can be useful, please let me know.

1 Like

@Vsotvep, @yebellz have not submitted yet.

next reminder: 2022-02-07T21:00:00Z

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, everyone. Iā€™ve just submitted a move.

3 Likes

I actually forgot about this until a few minutes after the deadline and, running to my laptop, just made up a move on the spot instead of choosing one with true randomness. Iā€™m a little worried that Iā€™m biased, so Iā€™ll redo my move now:

@discobot roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 2

2 Likes

Sorry! Iā€™ve played a move now

3 Likes

Round 42

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: B13 @Jon_Ko: H1 @Vsotvep: H5
White @yebellz: H11 @Feijoa: L7 @terrific: F2

No Collisions this time. After placing all stones ā€¦

ā€¦ the pink chain connected to J5 is removed. New Position:

fractional_game2_Round42_2

Check-in Time for Round 43: 2022-02-09T08:00:00Z

I didnā€™t expect this :laughing:

4 Likes

Okay, Iā€™ve given this some thought and came up with a few possibilities.

@Maharani you could create an eye for the black stones by playing J5, it would also create a shared eye between blue and green (which white can only fill by killing the black+green stones).

@Vsotvep you could try to build a similar eye around M2, you could also block white at A1.

But of course weā€™d need an alternative plan too. We could threaten B10 and try to save our stones on the left. This could give us the chance to start a capturing race against the white+pink stones.

Any other ideas?

1 Like