Story Behind Your Username and/or Profile Pic?

When I subscribed I wanted my username to be Piggy, from a NIN song I like, but it was already taken, so I thought I could add Stardust as a reference to Ziggy Stardust by David Bowie. Since Trent Reznor and David Bowie worked together and even went on a tour I thought it made sense. But now I find myself wondering: why did Piggy choose this name?

18 Likes

ā€¦ mine might be self explanatory

19 Likes

Many years ago, I needed to come up with a game handle on the spot, so I just grabbed ā€œaumā€, from the Sanskrit ą„, and appended -pa to fill out some more letters. Iā€™ve been using it across game services ever since.

15 Likes

X - First letter of my first name
Hu - My last name
98 - Born in 1998

Never expected the username to gain legendary status, but here we are anyway :fire: :sunglasses:

23 Likes

Sometimes the name becomes more legendary than the person [Kappa]

7 Likes

Yeahā€¦the person is kind of meh but he can still give you 9 stones :wink:

12 Likes

9??? keep going son! :smiley:

youā€™re brutalā€¦ Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d win with 13 lol

5 Likes

What an interesing topicā€¦ Well done!

5 Likes

Hmmm the stories are interesting. It may have been an even better topic if we had to guess what why people chose their names and then they told usā€¦

3 Likes

Could retroactively edit all posts to mark them as spoilers

4 Likes

Ayaros is the name of a pet of mine written in reverse. Yes, my catā€™s name was Soraya and it occupy the most important place among all the pets we had in our life (a lot indeed). The reasons are not so important in this context.

15 Likes

I wanted to choose ā€œopusā€ after the comic strip character Opus the Penguin. Unfortunately, the username was already taken so I added an extra ā€œsā€.

15 Likes

Albedo 0.39 by Vangelis

7 Likes

One of the twelve names of Odin in the Edda. It means ā€œLord of ravensā€.

14 Likes

I just wanted to give a big (semi-sarcastic) thanks to those of you whose stories were about D&D. You made me curious, and Iā€™ve spent the past several days down a D&D rabbit hole. :sweat_smile:

In all seriousness though, it looks like a lot of fun. Now I just need to find someone to play with

13 Likes

if you can get a group of coworkers (or other people you might have an easier time scheduling with), maybe a starting adventure, you can run your own campaign. In person is imo the most enjoyable experience, but sites like Roll20 can help facilitate online play.

Ofc you donā€™t have to get the starter kit, some dice, a playerā€™s handbook (not gonna judge you if you pirate it instead), and a really good idea for a short (or long) adventure will suffice.

You donā€™t even need to use D&D rules, there are various other systems like powered by the apocalypse games, and if you know what youā€™re doing (or at least think you do) you can make your own system for your group.

But the thing is, you get out what your group puts in, so make sure every one of the players is on more-or-less the same page on the kind of adventure yā€™all want.

8 Likes

said every person interested in D&D ever

10 Likes

Go players are used to this feeling arenā€™t they?

11 Likes

My dogā€™s name + my year of birth= ginger2008

10 Likes

Hmm, Iā€™m unable to decide if I believe you, or if I think youā€™re joking.
:sweat_smile:

4 Likes