Strength of OGS players

In my humble opinion, the book is not much like the oil in your analogy. First, If I wrote everything down, it would not be fair for those who have paid for or will buy the book. Second, in case of the oil, you proof it; people believe it, then they will buy it, for use at home and will buy more. In my case, my description can inject the knowledge into your mind immediately, and you will probably no longer need the book.

No problem, if nobody is interested in the book. At least, you know that there is a method, called SPA, exists for determining the player who is really the strongest human player in the history of Go and he was Cho Chikun (at his peak), much stronger than Yuta Iyama, according to SPA. Don’t believe a word I say because I wrote from my own study, although I believe that if you read the book, you will find it really really works.

Just because someone on the internet claims something, doesn’t make it true.

We don’t, so no need to worry.

6 Likes

You don’t have to write everything down in details, but right now you’re not even giving us the tiniest clue how your method works.

I can also write a program that predicts that Cho Chikun is the strongest player:

1. Load game.sgf
  2. Search for game.sgf in database of Cho Chikun games
  3. If game is found print “x is the stronger player”, where x is the color Cho Chikun played.

From my perspective it’s impossible to tell if you wrote a method like the one I suggest above, a method like the one @spaceraven suggested above, or if you actually made something clever.

Moreover, if your method is so simple that it cannot possibly be described without giving away the whole thing, then it is not going to be a good method.

5 Likes

SPA method described in detail:

1. Open sgf of a pro player you wish to analyze
  2. ???
  3. Profit!
2 Likes

17 Likes

thx! made my day