The OGS code base is now 10 years old!

The best praise I can give to the complete team is: After all the years, I enjoy playing here like on the first day. Perfect site, amicable users you gathered with all your work.
Thank you for giving my Go aptitude such a pleasant home!

7 Likes

Congrats on 10 years to @anoek and the OGS team! What a milestone.

8 Likes

Happy 10-year anniversary to THE CODE!

6 Likes

ā€¦it feels betterā€¦ I think it might even go for a walkā€¦ (all said with a certain British accent)

5 Likes

Thanks for that additional info.
Thanks for the services (& fun!!!) you provide.

• and congrats on a project well done!!!
5 Likes

Its really been great journey seeing OGS grow and develop during these years, i remember when we celebrated about 400 users being logged in simultaneously, and now we have well over 3000 users online basically 24/7!

6 Likes

Congrats, and much more: THANK YOU, @anoek and @matburt, for what you have created!

I think I may have been a member of the old OGS (though I canā€™t remember whether I have actually played here), and I was a (probably early?) member of nova.gs, hence my relatively low user number.

From the moment I discovered nova, I was convinced that this was the way I wanted to play Go online ā€¦ my only earlier experience with such modern Go servers had been kaya.gs, which sadly was abandoned by its creator ā€¦ and I was delighted when nova and OGS merged (comparable to my joy when I learned that Apple and NeXT had merged :laughing:).

Iā€™m SO glad to be here, Iā€™ve met so many AWESOME people here, made friends even.

Thank you!

And I cannot finish this without praising your attitude, how much you wanted to give this to us for free when we all were discussing the issue of ads, and how you removed the adsā€”because you didnā€™t like ads yourself, so you wouldnā€™t want to treat us with them.

:anatomical_heart: :anatomical_heart: :anatomical_heart:

6 Likes

made a lot of odd friends also (hereā€™s lookinā€™ atcha, kid :sunglasses:)

4 Likes

10 years wow. Thanks for the commitment and the outstanding work!
I love OGS.

3 Likes

Wow, 10 years old, 2011! Congrats for making the best go site I can ever play (KGS is becoming more terrible to me)!

2 Likes

Congrats to OGS, which is the best worldwide GO community!

Keep up your good work, We will always support you, buddy!

3 Likes

In 2010 it has already secretly started growing the community base, and was yet to be merged with Nova.gs, right :heart:? Gosh Iā€™m too oldā€¦

Happy anniversary!

3 Likes

Happy birthday, OGS!

3 Likes

OGS is one of these stars in the night sky who makes the life an enjoyable adventure. Happy birthday, keep the good work going!

6 Likes