The Second Go Battle Royale ⚔

I, Warden Slippery, may be bad and ignorant minister as I never heard about such things as “shape moves”. Thank you so much for an opportunity for growth, great Green Lord!

Thank you so much for support at these difficult times, your kindness! I would have emergency meeting to consider your generous offer.

1 Like

Dearest neighbours, I really hope we can resolve this situation peacefully. It is not in Red’s interest to have either Green or Orange captured, as we believe your other outposts will help keep balance in Gobania.

As previously communicated, the Red stones will happily provide shared eyes to the local Green and Orange stones (for instance on N7 and N2, although we can discuss the specifics later).

If you have one independent eye and one shared eye, you will be immortal as long as you trust me not to fill the shared eye. I believe it will not be in Red’s strategic interest to do so except as a last resort in the far future.

Even better, if you are able to make an additional shared eye with some other neighbour (for instance Orange with Blue, Green with Yellow, or even one between Green and Orange if you can settle your differences!) this will grant you further insurance.

Of course another possibility is to focus on creating a two-space eye to secure independent life. This would need some extra space, so might require discussing with Blue and Yellow first. But if you prefer to go this route, I will also do what I can to help.

4 Likes

F12

Screenshot_20220604-070629_Chrome

As we go into oblivion, pink calls on all gobania to remember this unprovoked aggression of orange and cerulean.

edit: over to @ArsenLapin1 go ahead, finish it. or embrace chaos and eliminate orange if you like. its all the same to me

6 Likes

I just remembered that @ArsenLapin1 mentioned here that they will be away from the internet for a couple of days.

5 Likes

Thanks for letting us know. I told everyone we would wait if a player notified us they will be unavailable so let’s wait for @ArsenLapin1 to return.

3 Likes

With apologies to all nations of Gobania for the delay,

With apologies to Pink @mafidufa in particular, for the regrettable but necessary violence of the joint Orange-Cerulean attack,

Noting that the attack was an unavoidable consequence of the Pink-Yellow attempt at smothering the Cerulean outpost,

Cerulean plays at: E13.

Updated goban: Multi capture go

@sokoslav: We believe it is better if you play at C11. Cerulean is interested in connecting the C13 and H11 stones, for instance by capturing at F12 and G11. Orange has already shown interest in moving in the south-west direction from D10, thus Cerulean will not play in the south direction from C13.

The Cerulean Kingdom thanks you for offering this opportunity of establishing a deeper bond of trust between Orange and Cerulean, by not capturing the orange stone currently in atari.

2 Likes

@ArsenLapin1 made an interesting point here

The rules of the other game explicitly state an objective to outlast as many other players as possible.

The rules of this game state only the simple objective of being the last player standing.

I had not intended this, but the less restrictive objective allows for more choices. If a player is definitely not going to be the last one standing, they may choose to sacrifice themselves to help an ally or hurt a foe, even if that would eliminate them earlier than another player. That would go against the spirit of the first game, but not this one.

3 Likes

I hope I would have time to make a move during the following 24 hours, aiming at after 22 hours since this moment.
I should be able to do it in 48h.

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay!

To all nations of Gobania! You can see how dangerous and erratic is Pink. I did not want this… As the Minister of… Peace… I… demand…

@mafidufa thank you for playing! Sorry for getting you out of this game, I hope you are not upset.

I think kosumi is too weak and vulnerable shape in multiplayer go: two rivals would easily capture you and you have no time to do anything about it and no way to hinder. At the same time it is strong shape when there is no threat of coordinated attack. I think it would be better to avoid kosumi in starting positions as we already avoid nobi.

@antonTobi dearest ally, I am saddened with the incident in the upper left corner. I assure you that my actions were nothing more than striving to live. My citizens are safe there now and I would take care of my N3 and G5 outposts. I would settle them up. As mentioned before, I would make small living group from N3. I hope it would not interfere with your vision on the surrounding area.

@martin3141 I hope you understand correctly the motivation behind my actions. Now I am going to place J5, as said before. I really appreciate your eager to help. I think after J5 no more moves are needed in this area as there is nothing to fear. Playing here should be out of interests of all other players.

@yebellz please do not come closer to any of N3 and G5 stones. Such a movement would be considered as an act of aggression. I am going to play J5 next, so we would have a shared eye at K5. I think we both should be happy with it, and you can settle up your B6 stone as well.

@ArsenLapin1 I took care of our common menace. I would like to have all of our common dame empty as long as possible (C12 D11 E12 F11) to focus on taking as much territory as possible. It is unreasonable to fear anyone getting them and we can decide later how to split this common and vital points among us.

3 Likes

This is Spyro Quiet of the Imperial Security Bureau. I have to inform all the Gobanians that Warden Slippery is under arrest. He suspected in several felonies: abuse of power, unmotivated aggression, inciting interethnic hatred, and other, less important. The list is long. End of communication.

3 Likes

I agree. In fact I would go so far as to say that C12, D11, E12, F11 are eyes, not dame.

@yebellz At some point in the future, I intend to play at G13, H12, F12. I do not intend to play at F13 nor G14. Earlier you played at L7, which kept the Golden Empire busy and ensured that they did not have time to rescue Pink. Thank you.

@mafidufa Thank you for playing and apologies for the swift death!

3 Likes

Red plays N10:
Over to @NeilAgg :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

To the Red Empire @antonTobi your armies are getting close to us so we have to deploy troops to M10 to ensure our sovereign border. Please do not take this as anything other than a defensive move. We would like to have a mutually beneficial relationship with your kingdom.

Next is @martin3141

2 Likes

My aim around my M6 group will be to eventually build a table shape and hopefully a two-point eye (note that a single two-point eye makes threatening to kill a group a suicide mission), and hopefully share another eye or two with some neighbors (such as @sokoslav, @martin3141, and/or @antonTobi).

Similarly, my aim with my other two groups will also to be at least secure a two-point eye, to have some modicum of safety.

1 Like

To the Golden empire: We completely understand your need for a defensive move, and we also wish to keep peace between our nations, so that we both can focus our efforts on more important parts of the board. Red promises not to play M9 or N11.

1 Like

From the minister of international affairs of the blue stones

Dear fellow representatives of various coloured stones,
we were informed that the overpopulation in the North-West has caused severe conflicts and casualties. After extensive discussion, our council concluded that inaction is the best course of action, as further fortification of the area would likely worsen the situation. All Stones should have some space to breathe.

Blue expands their southern colony with E3:

battle_royale2_03

Next to play is Green (@yebellz)

3 Likes

I’d just like to remind everybody that if you right click the board, there may be an option to Copy image:

This doesn’t work on mobile, and not on all desktop browsers. In those cases, a regular screenshot is the best solution. But for those that happen to use a browser where “Copy image” works, please use this option, since it’s slightly more convenient and makes a crisper image :blush:

Note the difference between my screenshot above and the copied image below:

3 Likes

I’ll make another two extension with B9

For my left and top groups, my aim is to enclose two points of eye space (G15+H15 and A7+A8), in order to secure at least one large eye for safety.

@ArsenLapin1’s turn

3 Likes

The Cerulean Kingdom plays D4.

Next is @sokoslav

2 Likes