Title Tournament Announcements

OGS Alan Turing Main Title Tournament 2018 is starting in 5 days on August 12, 2018. 90 players have signed up so far.

OGS Tianyuan Nines Title Tournament 2018 will begin in 6 days on September 15, 2018. 90 players have signed up so far.

Hi, changed the starting date in the last few weeks? If I remember correctly, OGS showed me starts at Friday, Tuesday, Friday, Tuesday over the last 2 weeks (changing the date shortly before the supposed start day).

I wonder if the start date was deliberately changed by the OGS Title Tournaments organizers or if it’s a “bug” of OGS showing me some (random) start days.

@flovo That’s a good question and thank you for keeping an eye on the tournament! In this case it was deliberately changed by the organizer (me), though sometimes when the number of players didn’t reach the minimum requirement, OGS would postpone the start of the tournament as well (and there’s no bug here :smiley:)

The reason I changed the starting date was because I didn’t have enough time to summarize the previous tournament results (in the group announcement), thus the announcement got delayed, and then I wanted to give players some time to register after the announcement is finally made. Once the announcement is out, the starting date won’t be changed again :wink:

OGS Tianyuan Main Title Tournament 2018 will begin this weekend on October 21, 2018. 106 players have signed up so far.