Title Tournament Announcements

OGS Alan Turing Main Title Tournament 2018 is starting in 5 days on August 12, 2018. 90 players have signed up so far.

OGS Tianyuan Nines Title Tournament 2018 will begin in 6 days on September 15, 2018. 90 players have signed up so far.

Hi, changed the starting date in the last few weeks? If I remember correctly, OGS showed me starts at Friday, Tuesday, Friday, Tuesday over the last 2 weeks (changing the date shortly before the supposed start day).

I wonder if the start date was deliberately changed by the OGS Title Tournaments organizers or if it’s a “bug” of OGS showing me some (random) start days.

@flovo That’s a good question and thank you for keeping an eye on the tournament! In this case it was deliberately changed by the organizer (me), though sometimes when the number of players didn’t reach the minimum requirement, OGS would postpone the start of the tournament as well (and there’s no bug here :smiley:)

The reason I changed the starting date was because I didn’t have enough time to summarize the previous tournament results (in the group announcement), thus the announcement got delayed, and then I wanted to give players some time to register after the announcement is finally made. Once the announcement is out, the starting date won’t be changed again :wink:

1 Like

OGS Tianyuan Main Title Tournament 2018 will begin this weekend on October 21, 2018. 106 players have signed up so far.

OGS Meijin Handicap Title Tournament 2018 will begin this weekend on November 7, 2018. Everyone has a chance to win! 156 players have signed up so far.

1 Like

@gamesorry : workaround -> you should be able to reply now again.

4 Likes

OGS Mingren Nines Title Tournament 2018 will begin this week on November 23, 2018 (Thanksgiving!). 61 players have signed up so far.

@flovo Thanks for the workaround! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

OGS Mingren Main Title Tournament 2018 will begin in a few days on December 10, 2018. 135 players have signed up so far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Happy New Year everyone! :partying_face:

The 2019 season of the Title Tournaments is due to start this month (thanks to @gamesorry ). Expect new announcements, coming soon.

1 Like

Happy new year!

OGS Oza Treizes Title Tournament 2019 is going to start this weekend on January 20, 2019. 65 players have signed up so far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Happy new year again!
OGS Meijin Nines Title Tournament 2019 will begin this weekend on Feb. 10, 2019. 98 players have signed up so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

OGS Meijin Main Title Tournament 2019 is going to start next weekend on Feb. 23, 2019. 200 players have signed up so far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:partying_face:

200? Wow

1 Like

OGS Honinbo Nines Title Tournament 2019 will begin in a week on March 28, 2019. 77 players have signed up so far :slight_smile:

There have been even more players :wink: - an earlier one: Title Tournament Announcements - #6 by gamesorry

1 Like

The 12th cycle of OGS Kuksu Main Title Tournament is going to begin soon in May 2018. Please sign up here before April 27, 2019. (176 players have signed up so far!)

Note: Kuksu (Main) is different from all the other titles since it’s in League format and you only need to play 1 round per cycle. To simulate the format, multiple round-robin tournaments will be set up after April 1st and you’ll need to accept the invitations from the tournament directors then to participate. For details of the grouping method, please refer to the rules , with the change that (1) head-to-head points, and (2) status (disqualified/resigned) are considered in the league tie breaker.

2 Likes

OGS Mingren Handicap Title Tournament 2019 is beginning on May 31st, 2019. 78 players have signed up so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

gamesorry: Are you still having the issue that you can’t post more than three consecutive posts in the thread?

and this seems like a good thread to mention that Ladder Legend will be on all three board sizes next year so start pushing up those ladders everyone.

1 Like

OGS Honinbo Main Title Tournament 2019 is starting in 3 days on June 15, 2019. 110 players have signed up so far :slight_smile:

Thanks @Kosh :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

OGS Alan Turing Nines Title Tournament 2019 will begin in 5 days on July 19, 2019. 59 players have signed up so far :slight_smile:

Note: Alan Turing Nines title tournament is the only Nines title tournament welcoming bots and AI-assisted players.

2 Likes