Tumbleweed: this game weirdly reminds me of Go

Is that why Go hasn’t been taking off in the west? :smiley:

4 Likes

Tumbleweed has been selected for inclusion in the Modern Abstract category at the yearly Mindsports Olympiad festival! If you are interested in playing in the tournament, please sign up here : Tumbleweed – Mind Sports Olympiad

and, the discord where we must organize during the tournament to receive pairings is here:

2 Likes

Don’t forget to sign up for the MSO Tumbleweed tournament , which is happening this Saturday (aug 21)… eveningtime for those in Europe, morningtime for those in USA

The MSO tournament was held today. It was the biggest Tumbleweed event to date, with 24 players competing. The medalists were: Hootie (gold), Testingqwerty (silver) and Atari (bronze). It’s worth noting that Komacchin, a strong general player but a newcomer to Tumbleweed, came extremely close to winning Bronze: with standard tie-breaks proving inconclusive, it was ultimately decided that Atari should get the medal due to winning a head-to-head match in round 3 of tournament (Atari played Host and won 48-43, partially due to Komacchin being in time trouble). Other players with good showings were: PolinaPolina, Florian Jamain, megamau, JohanBo and Tybalt.

It should be noted that Alek Erickson, the #2 rated Tumbleweed player, was serving as the arbiter and thus did not compete. Another notable absence was Nick Conan, who routinely ranks in the TOP5.

The tournament took somewhat longer than expected, but it was by and large a success. I want to offer my sincere thanks to all the people who backed Tumbleweed’s candidacy for being featured at MSO, to the MSO team for giving us this chance, to Alek Erickson for serving as the arbiter, and, last but not least, to all the brave and wonderful players!

While many MSO events serve as world championships for their respective games, this is not the case for Tumbleweed. Instead, the first ever Tumbleweed World Championship will be held in November. It will be an invitational event featuring a few of the game’s most accomplished players.

1 Like

@bugcat did you leave the server on accident again? I think Yavaleks was waiting for you to schedule your second round game :smiley:

1 Like

Red to move and win.
Puzzle created by Test654

We published a book of 69 local tactical puzzles here:

3 Likes

We published a short book about opening theory in size 6 Tumbleweed:

4 Likes

Mind sports Olympiad tournament’s registration is now open, please join!

/tournament?id=191540

1 Like

Tumbleweed was recently implemented at Abstract Play, and a Tournament for it will start on February 3rd. Feel free to sign up for somewhere between 3 and 9 Tumbleweed games at a time control of 3d +1d12h/move max 5d.

2 Likes