Werewolf Go (setup thread)

I believe anonymous polls are anonymous to everybody, meaning there would be no way to tell whether non-players voted?

6 Likes

A player could even use additional accounts to get multiple votes. We could (and should) forbid that of course.

5 Likes

Yeah I agree. Lets not allow anonymous polls.

4 Likes

Let’s try not to discuss specifics of the game in progress.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry, you folks are right. That bracket was written by me as a player of course, so I may have been lying, which I otherwise wouldn’t consider doing on this thread. Mixing these things is a bit awkward.

2 Likes

DM @martin3141 already gave a veredict, though. It is already a bit awkward to discuss rules on the fly, because there are vested interests.

I think we can end that discussion and avoid further conflict of interest then. To be fair, @richyfourtytwo did not say anything new that we did not expect from his in-game character, and it was only one post.

4 Likes

Yes, maybe @martin3141 should just decide whatever other questions may come up. We can whine later.

4 Likes

I asked here because I personally do not believe that this feature would introduce a (big) advantage to either team. But I can imagine that people might disagree.

Also that doesn’t mean that it couldn’t be exploitet, and some possibilities were pointed out.

I knew it was a questionable feature, but ultimately my goal is that all players have fun. So if all players agree, then I would allow anonymous polls. I would only interfere if I’m 90% sure that it’d be detrimental to the player experience.

Hope you understand. Sorry for the trouble.

6 Likes

No harm no foul.

5 Likes

I’d rather the game doesn’t pause here and there arbitrarily, unless someone informs that they’ll be away for some reason.

If GM needs a week off for some reason, no problem.

2 Likes

The reason is that @Mystwalker publicly expressed that they had trouble keeping up with the chat, then I felt a bit overwhelmed when I got a rules question I wasn’t ready for while on vaccation, and another anonymous player told me in a secret PM that they could use a pause.

Admittedly I made the decision “on a whim” and should have phrased it as a suggestion. So please view it this way: I believe that it would be good if we pause sometime. Maybe this happens in a “natural way” because somebody is unavailable? Otherwise I propose that we plan for some downtime.

1 Like

Being the GM doesn’t mean you can’t say “sorry folks, I’m on vacation, please pause”.

I’ll be unavailable end of the month, for example. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Maybe taking the weekend off can assist on people taking a breath?

2 Likes

Personally I don’t need a pause.

But this alone is more than enough reason for me to agree to one.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t like weekends off. I have time during weekends, I am busy during the week. OGS’s “Pause on Weekends” option always bothered me for the same reason. That said, it might be worth agreeing on “off days” meant for there to be no posting.

On another note, I was not aware this thread was in use after the start of the game before @martin3141 pinged me in their previous post.
Please make sure all players are informed when posting important information in a location other than the game thread. :blush:

1 Like

I meant this weekend, not all weekends.

Oh, okay. Well, it seems like people are quiet today any way.

That is unfortunate. I thought players would put this thread on watch to get notifications.

Imo its good to keep the in-game communication separated from the public rules discussions. That is what this thread is still used for.

2 Likes

Would you prefer if we pause the game during that week instead?

2 Likes

I think we should pause now, I agree with @richyfourtytwo.

Maybe my turn won’t even coincide with my absence.

Ok, then I would suggest that we do a one week pause in the following sense.
Players are not prohibited from discussing or submitting moves during this time, but are not expected to either. There won’t be reminders or other consequences for inactivity during this time. In particular nobody needs to feel pressured to progress the game.

How does this sound?

2 Likes